Found this not mine tho. Forge fmic

Ant-Vrs

Make him an offer, im sure he would take £230 for it, that gives you enough to get some good quality jubilee clips for less than £250!

somebody buy it, thats a bargain, if i hadnt already fitted a universal cooler (which im more than sure will not be as efficient as this) i would snap it up now and arrange a courier myself..

Need to source some piping too.

thought these were made to literally bolt into original pipework/bumper?

either way, the end tanks are already curved, you will need 30cm of silicone hose, 2 joiners, and 4 high quality clips :)

still pretty cheap, but then its starting to add up a little.

may as well be cheap and do it my way, for £110. postage, hose, clips, joiners.

• Like 1

Thats 110 if you know what you are doing :)

As long as you dont break/lose anything, i suggest lots of aerosol can lids/tubs some tape and paper to make labels and a few blankets.

the reason it took me 5 hours is because i was alone, and kept putting things on in the wrong order... hahaha! so annoying fitting 3-4 things, then realising you have to take them off because you needed to attach something before you put the crash bar back on..

never again imo. just because i would honestly rather pay somebody to fit it for me.

but the option is there for people who want to have an uprated intercooler and are too tight like me/cant afford the very expensive (yet looks to be worth it) forge item :)

Does it not beg the question... why are they selling it in the first place? Unless they have fitted a different/larger intercooler perhaps there is something wrong with it like a hole from a stone chip etc

Just a thought

Is swapping the intercooler a worth while mod? I've had my remapped but the guy doing said it wasn't really worth doing anything else since the engines were highly tuned anyway.

these engines imo are highly tuned as standard. the more cooling the better.

in the intercoolers case, IT NEEDS DOING IMO. its such a small, thin and light cooler, 

you will feel a massive difference swapping it out, especially if youre booting it up through the gears repeatedly 

Edited by matthewl

Is there anyone who can show proven gains with just the addition of a better cooler? I understand the principal behind heat soak but I'm yet to see a 'it gives x more bhp and x more torq'. Maybe I'm missing something but reading up on them, mostly it's said there only really worthwhile for the strip or track. I'm talking on a stock map btw

they are worth while on a stock car imo, or else they would fit even smaller ones from factory

I noticed an immediate improvement on my car, it was like night and day. seriously.

A guy i know on facebook from my hometown had a dyno graph of around 40nm gain on before and after dyno, his mods were exhaust, induction kit, remap, and a Universal Intercoolers, intercooler kit.

Is there anyone who can show proven gains with just the addition of a better cooler? I understand the principal behind heat soak but I'm yet to see a 'it gives x more bhp and x more torq'. Maybe I'm missing something but reading up on them, mostly it's said there only really worthwhile for the strip or track. I'm talking on a stock map btw

Was that a 40 Nm gain on a 1.4 TSI Twincharger sitting with the same Dyno running and the same air temperature being blown at the intake?

EDIT, sorry i thought you meant from the IBigger ntercooler change,

i see you mean with a Remap, Exhaust, Induction & Induction.

So that was not unexpected then. After spending a Grand plus, you would hope there was an improvement.

Edited by goneoffSKi