Found this not mine tho. Forge fmic

Ant-Vrs

Was that a 40 Nm gain on a 1.4 TSI Twincharger sitting with the same Dyno running and the same air temperature being blown at the intake?

Pardon george?

were talking about vRSs here. this was on a 1.4tsi, using the same dyno, the same month.

i think it was 36nm, which was gained, that number sticks in my head.

Obviously it was not the same day, its a 5 hour procedure fitting one of these..

but saying that, no day is ever the same, so in my books what does this matter?

such a large gain would back up my claims of one day not spinning the wheels too much in the wet, then once i fit this, constantly hitting off the limiter up until 100+

To anyone, i say look. just do it, its £100 and some cut knuckles, its not that a hard of job to do, but its only screws and nuts at the end of the day, remember where they go and everything will be fine, the hardest bit for me was a support for the cooler in the end i supported it with my feet while i knocked something up. or maybe panel gaps around the headlights.

a 36 Nm gain for £100 outlay is the Tuning Bargain of all time. 

look at the Bluespark box, that coupled with an FMIC is incredible value!

£280 for a safe fast 200hp+!

my car currently stands me at £370 in modifications

thats intercooler, centre box removal, Carbon induction kit, and bluespark tuning box, and is now quick enough to hang with 2.0 leon cupra Rs. and theyre very fast cars!

That is lovely, but we have know for a few years that you can get a true 200 BHP and a bit from a TMC Box, 

and it seems also from a Blue Spark.

& 205 + BHP (212) from a APR Stage 1.  

if you are getting near a 20 % Increase from an Intercooler then that is really good.  

But it is If, but for £100, then where is the harm in doing it.

It is a pity you never got the car on the Dyno to see what you were getting at the wheels.

Edited by goneoffSKi

I've decide to snap this up, hopefully it comes in one piece. I've got a place on Rebel Motorsports rolling road day in Nov so hopefully will have it on by then if the seller turns out to be true to their word.

Does anyone happen to know what one of these would rougly weigh?

Edited by tattyjay

I've decide to snap this up, hopefully it comes in one piece. I've got a place on Rebel Motorsports rolling road day in Nov so hopefully will have it on by then if the seller turns out to be true to their word.

Does anyone happen to know what one of these would rougly weigh?

mine was £20 to post I when I brought mine. Do you want me to collect it and then post it?

Ant

• Like 1