DTUK CRDt+ box update

DarrellGB

What wonders (and pleasures) me is that it seems the little engine was happy to spin at 5000 rpm!

I still distinctly remember the 4K wall I was experiencing with my old PD170.

Oh the little CR engine loves to rev :)

What wonders (and pleasures) me is that it seems the little engine was happy to spin at 5000 rpm!

I still distinctly remember the 4K wall I was experiencing with my old PD170.

Different engine completely. The PD really do just loose all power past 4k. The CR engine's power and torque is more linear and have a bit more to give at the top.

Phil

• Like 1

Hi All

Having read a bit of info on here and DTUK website, it seems that these 2 channel units are a serious contender to a remap.

I'm currently considering options in this department but would like a little more confidence before I leap into buying a tuning box which, historically, have always been inferior to a proper remap.

So where do these differ? Price is pretty much exactly the same. It's DIY fitting which is a benefit. But subsequently leaves you with additional wiring and the box itself in the engine bay.

Finally, since DTUK appear not to be open on Sundays, has anyone had the box fitted to a CR 75? Would the gains, like a remap, like be the same, irrespective of factory PS figure?

Thank you

The CR170 figures on DTUK site are 225bhp and 470nm, once fitted the wiring can be tidied away nicely

post-120571-0-57590100-1410718021_thumb.jpg

As for box v map, well I'm heading over to Shark Performance next week who are using my Yeti to develop the OBD mapping for the 1.6tdi engines. So I'll be able to give a side by side comparison on the same car, I love the CRDt+ unit I have on so if the map is as good or better I'll let you know. Another thing to consider is the warranty issue, the box can be removed before servicing, but Shark have a handheld unit which allows you to switch the ECU between their performance map and the standard so it would be undetectable.

Being 2010, my warranty is up so that doesn't concern me too much, but I can appreciate the potential issue for newer vehicles.

At this point I think the biggest factor for me is if they can achieve the same gains from the 75 as can be had from the 105, as can be done with a remap. The more I research it however, the less likely it seems. I would like for this to be confirmed by an agent however, since with both option around the £300 mark, it'd be pointless to go for the option which will leave you about 30bhp down on the other.

I have emil DTUK and am hoping to hear back tomorrow regarding this.

• Like 1

.....but Shark have a handheld unit which allows you to switch the ECU between their performance map and the standard so it would be undetectable.

You might need to check the "undetectable" bit, having read other topics on the subject

• Like 1

Being 2010, my warranty is up so that doesn't concern me too much, but I can appreciate the potential issue for newer vehicles.

At this point I think the biggest factor for me is if they can achieve the same gains from the 75 as can be had from the 105, as can be done with a remap. The more I research it however, the less likely it seems. I would like for this to be confirmed by an agent however, since with both option around the £300 mark, it'd be pointless to go for the option which will leave you about 30bhp down on the other.

I have emil DTUK and am hoping to hear back tomorrow regarding this.

The Shark option lists your car and shows 75bhp - 135bhp, a big jump you would certainly notice. DTUK don't seem to list the 75bhp Fabia but I'd guess you would be looking similar gains.

http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/mapdetail?Skoda-Fabia-II-2007--1.6-TDI-CR-75bhp

You might need to check the "undetectable" bit, having read other topics on the subject

Have you got any links to the info? Really interested to see what the potential issues are.

Have you got any links to the info? Really interested to see what the potential issues are.

Not directly, Ben can probably clarify it with you as he knows far more about it than me, obviously

The Shark option lists your car and shows 75bhp - 135bhp, a big jump you would certainly notice. DTUK don't seem to list the 75bhp Fabia but I'd guess you would be looking similar gains.

http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/mapdetail?Skoda-Fabia-II-2007--1.6-TDI-CR-75bhp

I would like for this to be the case, but since tuning boxes work by modifying parameters/signals already sent from the ECU, rather than actually changing the source. My thinking is that any derivative of a said engine will only ever see a percentile increase of original output.

Hopefully I recieve a reply tomorrow and we can find out. As anyone with such a conservative "Powerplant" will know, I'm very keen to see an increase in drivability.

Not directly, Ben can probably clarify it with you as he knows far more about it than me, obviously

I've just had a read of a thread involving Shark and APR, the later didn't come across very well!!

All said and done it has the potential to validate an engine claim related to it, but the system offered by Shark seems to be best option of being able to reinstate the stock map.

DTUK's CRDt+ doesn't alter the ECU but intercepts signals and replaces them with the preloaded maps in the unit, so I terms of dealer detection, there would be none with the unit removed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I just bought DTUK CRD-T+ and PedalBox for a very nice price, thanks go to Andrew@DTUK :devil:  I'll report back when I've installed them and maybe even do a 4WD dyno.

I've been trying out the PedalBox for 2 weeks now and lovin' it! Makes the car respond to throttle very nicely and changes the driving experience to more enjoyable, I like to drive fast. I use Sport+ with curve +3 so that it's the max it allows, feels almost like a sports car :D  Next I'll have the DTUK CRD-T+ installed.

Well my thoughts that my DTUK box was over fuelling the engine seem to be pretty close to the truth (we will never know for sure as the box has gone back and Andrew stopped corresponding!), with the DTUK box fitted I saw a 10% + increase in fuel consumption (at a steady 70mph on CC)

Had the Yeti Shark’d today so I now how a really smooth map and I am getting very slightly better fuel consumption as well!! win win.  :thumbup:

Oh and for anyone interested it was also all done via the OBD port! (ECU doesn’t need to be opened)

• Like 4

DTUK CRD-T+ finally installed:

http://1drv.ms/11Dw69S

Coming monday I'll be getting some nice Dyno curves fo sho! :devil:  Butt-dyno tells me that at least some improvements have happened...

Here are my dyno results in Finnish:

http://1drv.ms/1t2phJF

Lower is without CRD-T+ and upper is CRD-T+ in P1 0-mode. Next time I will use P1/2/3 in +3 mode and see if the promised (140->185PS and 320->400nm) improvements can be achieved.

Edited by headman78

I have the non-turbo CRD2+ fitted to my 103/140 Yeti and would like to know if the 'instant consumption' (L/100km) is in any way realistic OR is more distorted by the 'box'.

As an economy version I've found that if you drive at, say, 80kph the indication is actually greater consumption than 90 which in turn is greater than 100kph.

That is in the rev range 1500/1750/1900.

So I'm thinking the only way that could be is if it is tuned for motorway economy as drag INCREASES with speed but the 'consumption' DECREASES .......if you can believe the readout that is.

I managed to get some info from Andrew@DTUK about the CRD-T+ programmes:

"Prog2 +2 produced 225hp from an audi TT 170HP. Prog3 is our new file which has not been on the dyno but customers who liked Prog2 +2 refer the power delivery of Prog3"

I'm trying to test the differences between Prog2 +2 and Prog3 +1/+2. When I find the perfect prog for my driving style, I'll go get new dyno results.

Here is the manual for them:
Edited by headman78