DTUK CRDt+ box update

DarrellGB

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to get some info from Andrew@DTUK about the CRD-T+ programmes:

"Prog2 +2 produced 225hp from an audi TT 170HP. Prog3 is our new file which has not been on the dyno but customers who liked Prog2 +2 refer the power delivery of Prog3"

I'm trying to test the differences between Prog2 +2 and Prog3 +1/+2. When I find the perfect prog for my driving style, I'll go get new

I would be VERY surprised if they managed 225bhp out of a CR170 TT TDi with a tuning box. I had a proper custom remap by someone who knew what they were doing and they couldn't more than 212bhp from it on a car that started out with 177bhp. The ability to add fuel is the biggest issue. Unless you increase the fuel rail pressure (not advisable and certainly not possible with a tuning box) you just can't get enough fuel in. You need bigger injectors to get 225bhp and by 250bhp you need a bigger turbo.

I would be VERY surprised if they managed 225bhp out of a CR170 TT TDi with a tuning box. I had a proper custom remap by someone who knew what they were doing and they couldn't more than 212bhp from it on a car that started out with 177bhp. The ability to add fuel is the biggest issue. Unless you increase the fuel rail pressure (not advisable and certainly not possible with a tuning box) you just can't get enough fuel in. You need bigger injectors to get 225bhp and by 250bhp you need a bigger turbo.

The 225ps is based on a dyno sheet supplied to us by a customer who took his TT 170 to a dyno in Lancashire somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

It's very unfortunate that people feel the need to over-egg the pudding.

Unfortunately a rolling road printout is only valid on the day it was made with the operator that made it, so in general same-day before and after runs are fine and are valid comparisons but anything else you should be very careful of accepting at face value.

I'm pretty sure that the German manufacturers of the tuning box only claim 199PS (195bhp) from the TT engine.