BFG owners rear foglight changeover dramas MY15

That's how I did it last time, however it is not easy to get dates and times for the coder, myself and the dealer aligned.

A six hour drive, plus a crossing of the Channel and another hours jaunt to change a car is the reason. I can arrange collection with the dealer no problem, but it its the availability of the VCDS guru around the same date which its the problem.

Last year I was very lucky tougher at the end. Three I contacted were unavailable, the last one was only avail for an afternoon on one day of my 7 day trip.

This year my change over falls outside Easter leave periods so I have to take an extra two days leave. They will be a Thursday and Friday.I will travel back Thursday, change one Friday, program car and drive back Friday evening, Saturday at a push.

This is the reason I want to get the cable myself, but as it is easy to much up I have no one to teach/mentor me the basics face to face. if I mess it up out I could brick my car. Not ideal you can understand

Finally found a VW garage that managed to program the lights.  It appears that the other 2 just hadn't followed the instruction I gave them.  Took all of 10 minutes and cost €26.53.

Of note the settings were slightly different on the German Laptop.  Didn't take pictures but think they were:

(VO)-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion A 26

(VO)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27 

(VO)-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Dimmwert AB 27

I asked to watch the Guys do it and that definitely helped as I could translate the English which I had to do a couple of times.  If there is a high demand I would be happy to translate the above into German, may help to avoid any confusion with Dealers misunderstanding the English instructions.

They are the settings in the post!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yes, just the (4) and (6) was (VO), so at first we were looking for a setting with (4) and (6)  at the start.

Edited by faarn

No probs, I get a few PMs along the lines of 'I got so and so to enable xxxxx and followed your instructions and it doesn't work' and every time either a step has been missed or warnings not heeded.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk