vRS questions...

Couple of quick questions regarding my vRS.

1. Operating temp doesn't seem to go much above 70 degrees, is this normal??? Always thought it should sit around the halfway mark on gauge (90 degrees)??

2. Cigarette lighter isn't working, where's the fuse located so I can check this, if it isn't the fuse, what else could it be???

Thanks in advance.

on no.2 - if its not the fuse, check it twice...

mine didnt work - every fuse was perfect and correct. got a new lighter unit off ebay, it arrived,  i disassembled the console swapped it to discover it was the wrong size :dull:  it was off a beetle, slightly narrower plug to the octy even though it said it was for it... anyway, put the old one back in, after cleaning it all down with contact cleaner etc no joy... checked the fuse again and it was blown....

new fuse works since... goddam electrical Gremlins!!

Good luck changing the thermostat by the way! I replaced mine a few months ago and had to take the alternator out just to get access to it! Unless of course you wanna pay a garage to do the dirty work! Changing the CTS on the other hand is a 5 minute job! :) you can look on the octavia1 technical guide forum and you will come across a "how to" guide by Bowders1 for the CTS :)

Yeah that's what I was missing, the long knuckled extensions and spent hours fighting a losing battle, so in the end I had to take the alternator out. Bought one since though just in case haha! :)

• Like 1