Intervention of Technical Group in Milton Keynes

2SkodaFamily

I had an earlier thread relating to a noise that, according to one dealer, was a faulty shock absorber. To cut a long story short, the rear shocks were replaced (both of them) and the noise persisted. The dealer contacted Technical in Milton Keynes who advised to change some more components, which they did. Still the noise carries on.

Now it so happens that this dealer has another Citigo with the same symptoms. That car was sent to Milton Keynes for Technical to look at and devise a solution. It's still there. The plan is for Technical to come up with a solution that our dealer will implement on our car. Until then, we get our car back, and will have to return it again to have the work carried out.

So on the one hand I'm being told that this is such a rare problem that Technical haven't seen it before, and yet this one dealer has another Citigo - at the same time - with the same problem. This is hugely unlikely, statistically speaking.

Any other Citigo owners with a noisy rear end?  :x

Not I, but it doesn't sound like they have looked properly does it? could be an exhaust heat shield maybe? hard to even guess without hearing it.

ahh.. someone with something similar...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/327962-loud-metallic-noise/

Edited by stooz

the heat shield rattle is intermittent and happens at certain rev ranges due to it resonating with the engine pitch.

also it sounds like a gearbox rattle more than anything else.

in the OPs case, if it sounds more like its from the back end, it could be an exhaust mount?

Count me in with this one too. I have identified the sound on my car as coming from the rear nearside when the car is turning (rolling) left and the suspension is dropped on that side. The noise comes only when the car then runs over an undulation. To clarify - rear n/s suspension in extension and then forced to travel upward. My vehicle mileage is about 4,600.

I reported this to my dealer at the two year service and they have adjusted the tailgate in addition to repeating my investigations by tightening the tool strap, checking seat catches etc. I recall reading that an UP owner had cabling in the rear nearside inner panel knocking against it and the dealer wrapped the loom cable in foam rubber which apparently cured the problem.

I will be reporting back to my dealer that the issue remains, BUT with SUK's guidance they have fixed my clicking clutch pedal!!. Will put that info in the relevant section later.

• Like 2

Sounds like they are trying their best and it's good technical are involved. Technical have the ability to spend the time and parts on a vehicle to find a fault that a dealer just can't afford. I'm sure it will be rectified. They know their stuff down there.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we have this noise as well, rear near side. A bump noise after going over an undulation. I said it was a faulty shock, but I don't think it was attended to at the cars recent service.

The car is going in again soon to try & rectify the clutch click, so we can mention it again then and see if a fix has been sorted.

• Like 1