Turbo badge

tattyjay

Guess I  could put a TDI badge on it but then again I brought a VRS, why hide it as the badge is the most expensive part on the car :notme:

But there are many very slow TDIs as there are relatively slow (acclerating) VRSs ie the diesel ones ie the world average acceleration for cars is around 8 seconds to 60 mph like the diesel Octavia VRSs and the Fabia VRS was a 9 second to 60 mph in average conditions.  The petrol VRSs are 7 second to 60 mph cars according to VAG.

Edited by lol-lol

I like to write 1.4 Skoda in the dirt on the tailgate sometimes.

Nothing better than screaming past a 2litre £30K premium brand German car (Audi, BMW, Merc) and stating it was by a 1.4 litre Eastern European trolley costing half as much,

Except it's not Eastern European :p .

The Czech Republic is certainly 'Central European' and the Parent Company is from the same region as the Audi, Merc & BMW 

Heavy Oil Burners.

Yes I know that but there are still millions of Brits who think it is Eastern European.  I often go to European cities and Prague is one of my favourites but it was behind the iron curtain for five decades and many cannot see beyond that even two decades on.

Saw loads of Dacias in France last week, the new Skoda?

Edited by lol-lol
  • Like 1

Iv thought that a few times! Skodas have moved on and got better and better so arent the brand they used to be.

Maybe Dacia's are what skoda used to be

So they are 5 year old Renault technology.

Skoda do not always gets the goods stuff early and have to wait a few years.

When are they going to cylinder de-activation, when a proper powerful diesel ie b-turbo or V6 if ever? 

With a weak British (Rest of UK) pound mnay wonder why we should pay £20-25K for a half decent car.

Buy a Dacia for £10-12k and get a Caterham, Camero or Corvette as a toy.

Have a badge for 327 cubic inches?

So they are 5 year old Renault technology.

Skoda do not always gets the goods stuff early and have to wait a few years.

When are they going to cylinder de-activation, when a proper powerful diesel ie b-turbo or V6 if ever?

With a weak British (Rest of UK) pound mnay wonder why we should pay £20-25K for a half decent car.

Buy a Dacia for £10-12k and get a Caterham, Camero or Corvette as a toy.

Have a badge for 327 cubic inches?

There was a page in autocars last issue about a Dacia which was rusting after just 4 weeks. The paint was soo thin he reckoned you could see through it.

Dacia themselves didnt seem too interested but the dealer was so horrified he sorted the customer out with a new Renault instead .

A skoda wouldnt do that. Lol.

There was a page in autocars last issue about a Dacia which was rusting after just 4 weeks. The paint was soo thin he reckoned you could see through it.

Dacia themselves didnt seem too interested but the dealer was so horrified he sorted the customer out with a new Renault instead .

A skoda wouldnt do that. Lol.

It use to be that the Skoda engine and bodywork were fine but the electrics were dreadful as they were sourced from other Eastern European manufacturers.  It was the first thing VAG, using Bosch of course, that VW did when the acquired the 50% share in Skoda all those years ago.

Probably worth getting a Dacia coated I guess but that is quote small money considering you are paying half to two thirds of a Euro area box.

That is odd that that Story was in Autocar now, because just after the UK Launch there was concerns on Paint Quality within 4 weeks,

& Renault / Dacia addressed that ASAP.

That was at the Factory in Morocco where Production Processes & Procedures and Quality Control were addressed.

(the thread is in General Car Chat. Back then.)

It use to be that the Skoda engine and bodywork were fine but the electrics were dreadful as they were sourced from other Eastern European manufacturers. It was the first thing VAG, using Bosch of course, that VW did when the acquired the 50% share in Skoda all those years ago.

Probably worth getting a Dacia coated I guess but that is quote small money considering you are paying half to two thirds of a Euro area box.

I didnt know that!

Sounds much like the old ducati's. It was the electrics that made them bad, but now theyre brill.