Universal "Seat Sport" Style Intercooler

MattH

If I was to get brackets from dealers and use seat sport crash bar and use this intercooler will this fit???

it will fit yeah, but like all seat sport style coolers on a vrs you will need to do some cutting of the bumper and the plastic rad surround.

take a look at alex_e3's thread as he's just fitted one over the weekend :)

I'm really thinking of buying one of theses intercoolers, the only issue is that outlets on the cooler are 57mm where as mine are currently 63mm.

Will be a better job imo with 57mm straight onto your pipework pal :)

You won't lose anything, just need to get some 57mm silicone to replace your reducers fitted now.

Will also give you slightly more room where the pipe exits cooler near headlight ;)

Will be a better job imo with 57mm straight onto your pipework pal :)

You won't lose anything, just need to get some 57mm silicone to replace your reducers fitted now.

Will also give you slightly more room where the pipe exits cooler near headlight ;)

That's what I thought too ;)

It's not an issue for me I have a long length of 57mm silicone in the shed so easily sorted. Might buy it and arrange to get hard pipes made then powder coated gloss black :)

Dan I've best offer £150. And as far as I'm concerned I should still get the brackets as they accepted my offer with not additional terms.

Have the accepted that?

As for pipework I've made my own but will get hard pipes made soon.

Have the accepted that?

As for pipework I've made my own but will get hard pipes made soon.

Yes mate. Just weighing up my options though as you can get the Airtec kits inc pipe work for £495.

How much is DIY pipe work roughly? Is there a list on here anywhere of what is needed?

Yes mate. Just weighing up my options though as you can get the Airtec kits inc pipe work for £495.

How much is DIY pipe work roughly? Is there a list on here anywhere of what is needed?

I reckon you could get all the silicone bends/alloy pipes for circa £150 if you want to make up your own pipework.

The lower Darkside hard pipe fits ok and is a nice flowing design, it's the upper pipe thats not very neat and people have issues with.
  • Like 1

It cost me about £300 all in for my intercooler, me buying - hoses, mikalor clamps, DS maf pipe and turbo clip connector. Then I took it to my local exhaust place and he made my pipes up for me. Have posted these pics before but here they are again. Like I say, probably not as good quality as darkside's but it saved me quite a few hundred £££'s :P lol and it seems to work very well even on track :)

yjeheqat.jpg

qy5ubetu.jpg

ybapy9us.jpg

e3ajutan.jpg

• Like 1

It cost me about £300 all in for my intercooler, me buying - hoses, mikalor clamps, DS maf pipe and turbo clip connector. Then I took it to my local exhaust place and he made my pipes up for me. Have posted these pics before but here they are again. Like I say, probably not as good quality as darkside's but it saved me quite a few hundred £££'s :P lol and it seems to work very well even on track :)

yjeheqat.jpg

qy5ubetu.jpg

ybapy9us.jpg

e3ajutan.jpg

Is that the seat sport intercooler or the seat sport universal

Well done Tom I'm impressed with your intercooler pipes, not so many silicone hoses or joins, so hopefully no boost leaks. Love the air intake hard pipe, did you notice any noise differance at all?

the only join is for the maf pipe mate :) .. Yeh it sucks quite loud and if you catch the gear change just right when it starts spooling up it sounds like wastegate chatter on a petrol I love it ! Lol
  • Like 1