Busy day

Llanigraham

I was just about to do a POLL as to how soon these will totally fall off - when I saw post #24.  Oops.

I don't think modern glue is what it's cracked up to be - on the outside of a car certainly.

Maybe you need to just do it the way Land Rover does it with good old fashioned BOLTS!

GRID009820.jpg

Or how Toyota does it on this Tundra:

59993158.jpg

That's the only way those will stay on I think. 

• Like 1

Graham,

would one of the Sikaflex range work. You may have come across them for use on the caravan. They are non-setting, gap filling adhesives, also used in the automotive industry.

Colin

Darrel,

They fitted them to one of the special models and I thought it looked quite good against the white.

Against my Muscavdo they aren't quite so obvious.

Try a Photoshop experiment and see what you think.

I had them supplied and fitted when I bought the car for £145.  I reshaped the edges of the mud flaps so they fitted with all the screws in place.  After 2 and a half years (but very low mileage) they are still solid and have saved me one minor scrape to a rear wheel arch.

Norry

• Like 1

Graham,

would one of the Sikaflex range work. You may have come across them for use on the caravan. They are non-setting, gap filling adhesives, also used in the automotive industry.

Colin

Colin, I think telling Graham about Silkflex is like telling your Granny to suck eggs! :D

Fred