New Octy VRS tdi dsg?

Jlwhitworth1

Hi all,

New to the forum and would like abit of advise.

In a bit of a dilemma as to what car to go for next. I shall be looking at pulling the trigger in the next month or so and I have narrowed my options down to a brand new Octy vrs tdi with dsg box or a circa 61 plate bmw 320/330d coupe auto.

I have to go with diesel due to my current annual mileage of around 25k a year. (Likely to drop slightly in coming years but still not enough to consider the tsi in my opinion)

I'm currently looking at about £20k for a low mileage bmw but there is the potential option of acquiring a brand new vrs with almost 20% off list price. Options are full leather, meteor grey, sunroof, keyless entry and go, black design pack and sunset privacy glass. Prices with options are as below:

Hatchback - £22400

Estate - £23670

I have finance in place to buy outright but can't make up my mind as to which to go for?

Anybody driven/owned/lived with both and what are your thoughts? I have driven both the vrs and the 320d but not had a go in a 330d.

I understand opinions may be biased on a skoda forum but honest thoughts would be much appreciated.

Kind regards, Jake

Hi philbes,

I was considering the bmw 2 door coupes as interior space/practicality of 5 doors is not really a concern for me. I think the bmw coupes are lovely looking cars but the touring or 5 door saloon just don't do it for me. I just really like the look of the skoda in both hatch and estate format, the styling is much better than the 3 series saloon and estate. The only think the boot will be used for is my golf clubs on a weekend.

I did test drive a merc c250 coupe aswell but didn't find the engine as refined as the bmw or skoda, it felt lumpy and power delivery felt somewhat lumpier even with the sequential turbo unit.

I could go for the golf gtd as size is not really an issue for me I know, but in my honest opinion does not look as good as the skoda and is certainly not worth the extra thousands over the skoda.

I have considered numerous cars over the last couple of months but these were just 2 that I liked the best.

Kind regards, Jake