clutch advice please

I had DMF failure in febuary and fitted a new standard Sachs clutch and flywheel kit.

I had a stage two map done about 3 weeks ago and now the clutch can't deal with the power in 5th and 6th. Now I want to keep the DMF but need a new pressure plate and clutch, what reasonably priced options do I have to deal with about 330lbs?

Its a vrs tfsi.

can I ask a question: what are the symptoms of the clutch not being able to handle the power in 5th & 6th?

I have a dtuk box in mine and when in 5th, and accelerating say from 50 upwards, i do feel a slight judder which lasts for a second or so. Don't have any traction control lights on at that time

Thanks

Thats probably your dual mass flywheel shuddering.I get clutch slip in mine.

I take it this is not good then? will this cause any premature failure / wear?

thanks

really, the car is still under warranty and only had box on since Feb this year. haven't really driven hard either.

if it were to go before warranty end, would dealer be able to tell that this may have been caused by a mod?

thanks

• Like 1

really, the car is still under warranty and only had box on since Feb this year. haven't really driven hard either.

if it were to go before warranty end, would dealer be able to tell that this may have been caused by a mod?

thanks

More power on a standard DMF is a common thing and can lead to increased wear! Depends what mods are you running?

I've only noticed the juddering with the box on and only in high gears ie 5th & 6th.

It does not do this with the box off, so the dealer may not find anything wrong with it!

Also, the dealer did spot the box when i took the car in recently - did not have time (or smaller hands) to remove the boost plug!

Right, im not paying another £550+fitting for the Sachs clutch so I looked at CG motorsports dual friction clutch kit.40% increase in torque ,one side is a paddle the other a normal organic plate. Anyone have an opinion on CG motorsport stuff?

Quite well rated from what I've heard in Octavia 1 section

the only problem is they only rate the twin friction one at 40%increase in torque which by my understanding is 280lbs .They said it should be ok with my 330lbs but could warrant that.

The only other option from their range is a paddle one which I don't want.

Think I'll need to chance it :/

• 3 weeks later...

HI Guys, our new looks kit the 666 series will be out soon available through our website.

The cost will be £699 on their and maybe a couple of quid cheaper to forum members.

This kit includes a SMF, full face drive plate and a uprated cover that comes pre machined to the flywheel.

Early testing shows this kit is comfortably taking 450lb/ft of torque and keeps people away from the dreaded paddle option on daily cars.

PM me for more details.