SKODA OCTAVIA GREENLINE II AWFUL MPG ( GREENLIE )

Use http://www.fuelly.com/ to measure MPG easily.  I get 46 - 54 MPG in my 1.9TDI DSG with electric rear windows and rear parking sensors.  Driving 28 miles to work and back (56 in total) on mainly A roads with only one small section where I can go above 50mph.

My car has done about 118K 

Driving in town with stop/starting is always going to  affect the MPG unfortunately.

It is still one of the greatest forum misnomers, that all diesel owners on forums have to justify their car by talking about fantastic mpg.

We have a full diesel fleet that also uses our own digital key fuel pumps with all linked to a computer and the vehicles mileage must be entered before fuel is delivered.

Virtually ALL vehicles are minimum 20% under the manufacturer figures! that's why I discount the majority on here that get superfantasticexosupercal mpg..........it's a one off or exaggeration! or the super drive like miss daisy. Normal daily drivers not a chance of meeting the manufacturer figures.

Stop/start traffic in town I presume with a lot of idling dropping/picking up 32 mpg ain't bad with a loaded car. Diesel or not, you are being realistic.

Perhaps the truth is somewhere in-between. Would a fleet car not be driven with less regard for mpg?

I can easily get the manufacturers mpg figure but I can also see how a change in weather temp/ road conditions/ driving style can seriously affect my mpg returns.

Thank you for your replies...

Changed fuel filter, changed oil and oil filter and air filter.

The car gives me 445.7 mile from a full tank ( 55L ) to refuel light in %90 driving in town.

Skoda Octavia 1.6 TDI GREENLIE II HATCHBACK.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi , I have 1.6cr tdi elegange  not the greenline you have  , but I have noticed a least 10mpg less than the previous 1.9 pd I ran , I assume this down to  the 1.6cr , dpf  , and poor gearing on the the newer models , I have had car checked out at main dealer with no faults found , The response I get is the car has same torque as 1.9 , it delievers it differently , *******s , the 1.6cr is down on low down torque (where taxi drivers need it ) , Down on MPG again where taxi drivers need it and down on reliability where taxi drivers need it . the octavia 1.6 cr tdi in any form is a poor performer !!!! 

I would definitely change the oil and fuel filters. Check for binding brakes. Also tyres can make a big difference.

As mentioned in a previous answer The DPF will rob you of a few MPG especially if it is doing active regenerations ( due to short runs, excessive idling).

Hope you get it sorted.

Mark