Headlights VRS

zach1301

I know there is tons of threads on this but I believe my question(s) to be slightly different, 

a)has anyone found any Normal bulbs H7 I think it is that colour match the DRL/sidelights colour well im not wanting to have xenon's fitted just a direct replacement h7 bulb? 

b)has anyone tried and succeeded in wiring in the redundant side lights that are just there to fill the hole? 

Thanks

Zach 

Question b I've asked a auto electrition about wiring in those side lights but but due to having canbus system it will throw it all out and put a fault up cos it's drawing to much current and he says possible risk of damage to ecu as it would look nice not worth the risk of possible expensive repair

• Like 1

It is possible to have the Side Light bulb in the Headlight of a vRS working as a Sidelight.

I had an Auto Electrician do it for me.

Electricity is all magic to me.

At that time I had the Side light / DRL units changed to a Spot Light, (not Fogs) which i could switch on with Full Beam.

(or anytime actually, they were on a separate switch.)

But when i had a Front end Accident i had it put back to standard.

I really need to use the 'Parking Light' function with one sidelight on,

and the Sidelight Bulb in the Headlight was just no use for that.  The Sidelight / DRL is good for me when parked up where there 

is no Street Lighting.

& as much as i do not like the standard vRS DRL's (The Brightness) and hence never use them.

I do like to run with the Side Lights on, if not putting Dipped Headlights on, and that brightness is OK as DRLs for me..

Right hand pic is back to standard Sidelight, & on as a 'Parking Light', but the Glass is Masked off as Half the glass, 

so not so annoying to other drivers, but still safe to use when Parked Up.

The sidelight in the Headlight was pretty poor IMO.

Edited by goneoffSKi

You are not running with them as DRL's when the Headlights are on,

just still the less Bright but Blue-ish colour still.

I have seen vRS with a matching colour Headlight,

and in my opinion they are just 2 wrongs not making a right.

Maybe someone will be able to answer your question & know of the Bulb that makes them match the Sidelights.

I would expect lots of other drivers Flash Full Beam at you,

thats what i do with drivers with annoying Dipped Headlights.

Sounds like a clever idea. Flash at someone, potentially dazzling them and causing an accident because their lights are "annoying" to you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sounds like a clever idea. Flash at someone, potentially dazzling them and causing an accident because their lights are "annoying" to you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Never understood why we all flash to say thanks tbh.

'Thanks for letting me go, I'll temporarily blind you in return'

• Like 1

You are not running with them as DRL's when the Headlights are on,

just still the less Bright but Blue-ish colour still.

I have seen vRS with a matching colour Headlight,

and in my opinion they are just 2 wrongs not making a right.

Maybe someone will be able to answer your question & know of the Bulb that makes them match the Sidelights.

Why does the colour of the headlights make them annoying?

I presume when you say 'annoying dipped headlights' you mean the alignment and possibly scatter, not the colour?

Not because they are annoying, because they dazzle, and get dazzled back.

& if thats a bad game, it is a one that happens often.

Like all those that Flash at the vRS when it is just the Sidelights that Skoda fitted that are lit.

Very child like but so common.

PS

Flashing full beam to say 'Thanks' in Daylight, is rather common.

Doing it in the dark when on Dipped Beam to Full Beam would be a rather odd way to thank someone.

As bad as Flashing to say to another driver, your over bright, badly adjusted or undipped lights are causing an issue.

Edited by goneoffSKi

I travelled down rough farm tracks in my last job and it was enough to dislodge the bulb from its push in seat and make it hang out and point upwards within the light unit so it blinded other road users I was wondering why I kept getting flashed until I drove it properly in the dark :doh:

Not because they are annoying, because they dazzle, and get dazzled back.

& if thats a bad game, it is a one that happens often.

Like all those that Flash at the vRS when it is just the Sidelights that Skoda fitted that are lit.

Very child like but so common.

But the OP is asking about bulb colour, not fitting HID's to reflector lenses or similar?

I read that.

& as i said i have seen matching colour to the sidelights fitted in the headlights, and i know how they looked.

I just dont see how a slightly bluer bulb colour related to flashing for annoying or dazzling lights...

Iv got led sidelight bulbs (i know theyre different to the vrs set up) and 5000k HIDs in my fabia. Not been flashed once since i put them in about 10 months ago.

When you do see a car with them fitted, then you might see what i mean,

maybe you will be on your bike when you see one. Maybe they will not bother you.

I do quite a lot of night driving on the bike and in the car. I enjoy night driving the most.

The only things i find annoying are:

1) people who leave full beam on

2) dipped beams that are aligned far too high so they appear to be dazzling

3) hids in reflector lenses, simply because they produce far too much scatter and a completely messed up beam pattern.

• Like 2