Just been out-accelerated and overtaken by an Octavia VRS on a country lane...

Gyp

Confirms my thoughts that the yeti really is hampered by weight and aerodynamics.

You forgot 'higher centre of gravity' also. ;) Having owned a very highly modded mk2 Octavia VRS previously id agree with the above; the Yeti is the more fun drive by far. No matter what you do to the Octy, you cant get a feel for what going on around you - the chassis is dead in feel. The Yeti is thankfully quite different. So there's two solutions. One, modify the Yeti to make it quicker or relax and enjoy it for what it is; a more flexible vehicle with far better traction and comfort, safe in the knowledge you are actually getting more out of the drive than the VRS owner was. ;)

• Like 1

Confirms my thoughts that the yeti really is hampered by weight and aerodynamics.

Don't beat yourself up about it............you're looking at two very different types of vehicles.

I would have been more concerned if you had beaten the Octavia.

BTDTGTTS

And WHAT does that mean????

I do hate it when people use difficult acronyms and expect everyone know what they will mean.

WFYITBWFD!!!!!

• Like 1

My huge executive luxo barge Audi can out accelerate both, assuming the Yeti and Octavia were both standard. I have full time 4x4 and no turbo anywhere to be seen.

Engine Size

3697 cc

Cylinders

0-60 mph

7.1 secs

Top Speed

155 mph (Electronically Limited)

Power Output

276 bhp

Valves

Torque

360 Nm 266 lb-ft

Feels really slow driving it though, as there is no shove from a turbo.

This isn't Top Trumps, you know? :no:

• Like 4