Replacement Engines?

Further to another post I made today about the condemned 1.8TSI engine in my 2011 Octavia Scout:

If I do need an engine (I have a garage who will fit it at reasonable cost but won't source the engine due to liability), can anyone advise or make any recommendations on replacement?, second hand?, reconditioned? or remanufactured engines?

I don't think I'll be able to stretch to a new one due to cost but the second hand market must be a minefield for the inexperienced!!

I guess I need a balance between reputation of the supplier and cost but does anyone have any recommendations? (Or definite "do avoid" advice?)

Many Thanks,

M.

Hi, i've not used Motorspares UK Rotherham but i do know they're a well established yard in the area (Bolton on Dearne). Have you tried Motors in Motion, Worksop. 01909 531537 or Motor Hog they have yards around the country. (Google them)  I have used both and haven't had any problems. Unfortunately buying a used engine is going to have it's risks. Kev