Advice from you experts please !

Skodavrs21112

Guys looking for some advice really. Picked up my new VRS last week and have been slowly buying some kit over the last six months to try and detail it but the information out there is overwhelming !

Looking to see if I'm along the right tracks really.

I'll start with what I've done so far it's Metal Grey not sure if that makes a difference or not?

Rinse with Karcher Jet Wash

Clean Wheels using Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner.

Seal Wheels using AG Alloy Wheel Seal

Clean all Door and Boot shuts using AG Engine and Machine Cleaner

Shampoo with Mer High Shine Shampoo using a Lambswool Mitt with the two bucket method.

Jet Wash to rinse shampoo.

Finish with a microfibre drying towel.

Polish using Mer Ultimate Shine Polish

Wax with AG HD wax. Buffing with a microfibre cloth

Have I missed anything ? Should I apply another coat of wax ?

I've just bought some snow foam to use next time around.

In regards to maintenance what should I do on my next wash ? And how often should I give it a thorough wash and wax?

Really appreciate any advice. The car is looking good at the moment IMO but not sure if that's because it's new!!

Thanks Again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like AG wheel cleaner really might be better to stick to shampoo . Also door shuts again shampoo the same as the rest of the car , should be no need to use anything else.

I usually apply two coats of wax , two very thin coats is better than one thick.

As for washing frequency , well when it needs it

If it's the first time you've polished it it might be worth claying as well , the clay cloths you can buy on eBay are good if not Halfords do a megs kit .

So wash with shampoo , rinse , clay , wash again so on

You seem to be doing fine. You cannot over wax a car you just have more protection. If you really want to repel water you could apply some sonax brilliant shine detailer on glass bodywork and wheels and watch the water run off. It helps fror dirt stickibg to the car in the first place. A wheel cleaner like iron x 1st to clean is safest. Never used ag wc

As they say...almost

But waxing and waxing doesnt have a real benefit IMO..just wax again after 2 months if you have to

If you have a good base to apply the wax, (Claying (Farecla G3 Clay Mitt) and polishing will provide this) then two coats will see about 3months protection with AGHDW

Top that with BSD every 3 or 4 washes and it should see you through the winter

I would also get a Snow Foam lance

AG Wheel Seal is poor stuff for durability...Just Sonax BSD will protect them well..or another dedicated wheel sealant

Hope this helps

BTW....Where are you?

Sounds like a reasonable routine and decent products to make a start mate.

Crack on and see how it goes - you will know yourself which products perform well or not on the day.

AG HD wax is very nice, reasonably durable and excellent for the money  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips very very helpful think I will have to get my hands on some Sonax BSD sounds like the stuff to have!!

I should've said I bought a snow foam lance with the snow foam still yet to use it. May try all the above on my wife's 5 year old KIA and see what happens to that!

Chris I'm in Milton Keynes, I'll post some pics up as soon as I can.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only reason I would apply 2 Coates of wax is to assure maximum coverage.

For maintaining I would definitely say use BSD or maybe NGPS.

As for polish I'm not a fan of mer products but that's just my opinion of course, other than that it sounds like you know what you are doing.

• Like 1