Big brake kit?

312mm kits are pretty much bolt on. A lot of VAG cars run them MK1 Octavia's, Audi TT's etc.

All you need is the 312mm callipers, pads, discs and carriers.

I had a set fitted to my MK1 VRS after the callipers on it started to stick and were found to be goosed. I bought a set and the garage had no trouble fitting them.

I've not bothered changing them on my MK2 VRS as I feel the brakes are fine for what I use them for.

Like Shark said, better pads and fluid might be all you need to improve the performance for fast road / odd track day use.

• Like 1

I bought a reconditioned kit that was better than new. The callipers were refurbished with new seals and re-painted.

Look for an Ebay seller called GBautomotive2010.

He sells full kits with everything you need. He was a pleasure to do business with the brakes were better than new.

But don't expect much change from £300!

• Like 2

Mk1 Seat Leon Cupra R 323mm Disc and Brembo Calipers are a bolt on conversion too.

You would just need to buy some HEL Braided lines with the correct ends to connect them up, otherwise they drop straight on the car and work a treat.

Well if you go to a scrap yard they are going to be on a car at end of life, so Dirt Cheap possibly, because they were left on the car by an owner that thought they were not worth taking off and flogging, or maybe they did, and put some rubbish ones on.

So you will need to refurbish, new seals at least i would think.

The Linked Supplier will be selling you a safe and ready to fit product.

Edited by goneoffSKi

There are many users that have bought old brakes and reconditioned them themselves. So it just depends how confident you are with a tool kit...

Although I feel I could tackle it myself with a few guides / technical diagrams,  I just don't trust myself enough to work on something kinda' important like the brakes.

• 10 months later...

Standard size rotors and pads are not adequate (especially for modified car). Had a EBC yellow stuff pad that was under 12 months old and still with 7 or 8mm wear left disintegrate on me in a hard braking zone at the last event I competed in. Have some Porsche Cayman brake calipers waiting for some 330mm rotors then we are ready to go.

• 5 weeks later...

mine

1781221_1012387355458436_399524151958434

Looking great, is it this 323mm kit?  http://www.tarox.co.uk/product/tarox-brake-kit-skoda-fabia-ii-all-models-with-288mm-discs-sports-compact-kmvw0986/

Mind me asking where did you get them from?  After that track day I am not adding one more horse (!) on the car before brakes are sorted...

EDIT: Just found this used Brembo set on sale, 325mm front discs, 312mm rear discs but only front calipers included (and adapters for stock calipers on the rears). Is it worth at ~ 470 gbp ? or I should look for rear calipers as well?

br%20kit_zpsswycuwes.png

yes thats my set . i only added yellowstuff pads and tarox discs in the rear . works perfect .

got mine there, sadly only in german http://www.at-rs.de/shop/index.php?page=default&acPath=405.

costs extra if you want them in red . 

And? Please share your impressions, I need to be sold on to this kit to justify the cost...  

I find the Tarox 6pot 323mm for 1487.50  EUR and the Brembo 4-pot 323mm for 1428 EUR at that place, interesting:

http://www.at-rs.de/shop/index.php?page=product&pID=2182&car_id=66f68f5bf67a47ff636f782f4172d690&acPath=405

http://www.at-rs.de/shop/index.php?page=product&pID=870&car_id=66f68f5bf67a47ff636f782f4172d690&acPath=405

So now how do you choose between the two... Brembo has the big name, but I've only read great reviews about Tarox. Also 6pot >>> 4  and undoubtedly both are top quality parts, hmmm...

PS.  Will, moving the front 288 discs with yellowstuff pads to the back be sufficient or I will absolutely need better rear discs as well?

i was talking with the ralph schmidt personaly and he told me that Brembo is only worth it on bigger brakes (6 pots) , the tarox kit is the best you can get in that size for this money .  

also Yellowstuff pads are not recomend with standart discs due to the high friction. 

sec i will look up the compatibility list for pads and discs.

edit you will need 23mm spacers for the brembo junior kit with the oem 17inch aloys

you can guess what the collors mean 

Scheiben_Belaege_Kombinationstabelle_at_

Edited by fabianoh5n1