Auto locking - how do I switch it off?

I've just discovered my second key has 'automatic locking' enabled. When the car reaches speed the doors all lock automatically. The key I usually use doesn't seem to do this so I presume it's a feature of the settings associated with the key.

The manual says a dealer can alter the settings but is there any way I can do it myself?

I know it's fairly easy to hit the unlock central button once the car has locked itself and the doors can also be opened individually by pulling twice on the handle but my wife finds it worrying.

If you have maxidot then you can alter the settings, otherwise its a dealer or someone with VCDS job. Maxidot displays a large representation of the car when you open a door, non maxidot simply dislays a red light when you open the door.

When altering the setting make sure that the key being used is the one that does the auto locking.

I presume I have maxidot as there is a diagram of the car and itadjustedif the doors / boot / bonnet is open?

I've looked through the vari0ous settings but not able to see one which seems relevant.

It depends on the age of the car. I think this feature is only adjustable in maxidot on post face lift models (2010). It can't be adjusted in maxidot on my 2006 L&K. In this case, VCDS or a dealer visit is needed.

I presume I have maxidot as there is a diagram of the car and it shows if the doors / boot / bonnet is open?

I've looked through the vari0ous settings but not able to see one which seems relevant.

If you are concerned about fiddling with anything, I can sort this out with VCDS.  It just means a little jaunt to Exmouth....

Thanks guys.

I've now located the option; as you said it's under settings - convenience - Central locking. I've changed the setting but not yet had a chance to confirm I have chosen the required setting. Thanks againg for the help.

Both my pre-FL Octavias (54 and 08 plate) have maxidot, and both have the facility to switch on and off the anti-hijack. It's under the convenience menu as autolock and auto unlock.

It it can't be seen in maxidot, it may well have been switched off in VCDS. Like many other options, if switched off in teh ECU with VCDS the option to switch on and off won't appear in maxidot.

I activated maxidot on my 2006 L&K a while ago now, and there is definitely still no option in maxidot for auto lock/unlock. I know you retrofitted maxidot to your cars, and I wonder if the later maxidot modules have more functionality?

Is the maxidot a compleat different display or can one be added if that's the case ?

It is a different display and can be retrofitted. 

I activated maxidot on my 2006 L&K a while ago now, and there is definitely still no option in maxidot for auto lock/unlock. I know you retrofitted maxidot to your cars, and I wonder if the later maxidot modules have more functionality?

It is a different display and can be retrofitted.

What kind of you price you lookin at for that?

Both my pre-FL Octavias (54 and 08 plate) have maxidot, and both have the facility to switch on and off the anti-hijack. It's under the convenience menu as autolock and auto unlock.

It it can't be seen in maxidot, it may well have been switched off in VCDS. Like many other options, if switched off in teh ECU with VCDS the option to switch on and off won't appear in maxidot.

Mike

Mike I managed to activate it via maxidot on mine. It's a MY08 car

Sent from my Galaxy S5

• 3 years later...
On 07/10/2014 at 09:38, Parsnipthecat said:

Thanks guys.

I've now located the option; as you said it's under settings - convenience - Central locking. I've changed the setting but not yet had a chance to confirm I have chosen the required setting. Thanks againg for the help.

Anyone got the code for deactivating. 

On 06/10/2014 at 12:42, Parsnipthecat said:

I've just discovered my second key has 'automatic locking' enabled. When the car reaches speed the doors all lock automatically. The key I usually use doesn't seem to do this so I presume it's a feature of the settings associated with the key.

The manual says a dealer can alter the settings but is there any way I can do it myself?

I know it's fairly easy to hit the unlock central button once the car has locked itself and the doors can also be opened individually by pulling twice on the handle but my wife finds it worrying.

Just done mine thanks to utube. Access the menu with button on wiper stalk, via convenience go to doors auto open or lock.