16" wheel trims

eribaMotters

I have bit the bullet and bought some steel 16" steel rims with 215 60 R16 99H  Nokian WR D3 tyres, for £421.92 from tyreleader. I just need to pay £40 to my local garage to fit and balance tyres onto rims, so overall I am happy.

I'm now not sure whether to go "gangster" as somebody recently described it and leave the set-up without wheel trims.

If not, can anybody recommend some simple silver wheel trims without false nuts, and preferably a skoda logo in the centre.

Colin

Skoda do some for a Superb... they are NOT cheap though:

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Wheel_Trim_Set_%28Superb_02%3E08%29_CDB500001

Btw did Tyreleader not supply them fitted? Always thought their sets came fitted. I'd have thought it would be easier to fit then ship...

I checked on the "supply fitted" situation, but no luck. Some companies do this, but are more expensive, eg mytyres work out about £40/50 more at the end of the day.

I did come across these, which I thought looked good compared to the manufacturers original equipment. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271327572564?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

Colin

After 2 years of SWMBO moaning about the black wheels, I made the mistake of buying a cheap set of wheel trims from ebay, the first one broke into about 5 pieces when trying to fit, they were made of horrible brittle plastic and even if they had fitted I imagine they would have either came off or broke in use. I was lucky to find a full set of Skoda Rif wheel trims, on ebay for £45.

I have bit the bullet and bought some steel 16" steel rims with 215 60 R16 99H  Nokian WR D3 tyres, for £421.92 from tyreleader. I just need to pay £40 to my local garage to fit and balance tyres onto rims, so overall I am happy.

I'm now not sure whether to go "gangster" as somebody recently described it and leave the set-up without wheel trims.

If not, can anybody recommend some simple silver wheel trims without false nuts, and preferably a skoda logo in the centre.

Colin

Colin,

I'm confused.

You've bought rims and tyres, but you are then going to take them to someone to fit and balance them onto some rims? Err, that doesn't compute! Surely you just have to take your wheels off and fit the new rims and tyres? Looking at their web site I get the impression they come fitted.

If you stick 16" wheel trims into Amazon or Ebay you'll get loads.

Let me clarify.

I have bought 4 x steel wheels and 4 x winter tyres from tyreleader. The tyres do not come ready fitted to the wheels. I am having them delivered to a local garage. They will fit the tyres onto the steel wheels and balance them for £10 each.

I am also considering buying plastic wheel trims if I can find something suitable.

Colin

We got a set of the Skoda RIF wheeltrims.  They fit perfectly on Skoda 16" steel wheels.  There's a set on eBay right now - clicky

They are relatively expensive compared to generic wheeltrims though, but I wouldn't want poor quality ill fitting parts on my new car so I was happy to pay for them.  Here's a picture of them fitted.

yetiwinter3Medium_zps94020de1.jpg

Edited by JulieD

• 5 months later...