Skoda Superb III will be introduced in Geneva auto show 2015

So I notice. That sexy wiper has vanished. They'd better bring it back

I hope not! It's too elegant to be spoiled by a rear wiper. The A5 gets on ok with out one, why ruin it?
  • Like 3

I hope not! It's too elegant to be spoiled by a rear wiper. The A5 gets on ok with out one, why ruin it?

Saloons don't get rear wipers. Hatchbacks should though. Makes life so much easier and quicker.

Rear wipers rule

Saloons don't get rear wipers. Hatchbacks should though. Makes life so much easier and quicker.

Rear wipers rule

I think this is one we are all going to have to agree to disagree on :)

Rear wipers rule

yes, A5 isn't a saloon FYI  :p You are the only person here quite obsessed with the rear wiper in SIII? We all know it is very functional.....but do you know the backlight (rear windscreen) angle of an hatchback such as Octavia, SIII, Mondeo etc are almost same as saloon cars?? Yes, I know and I've got the evidence too. So, I could argue why need a rear wiper for SIII??

yes, A5 isn't a saloon FYI  :p You are the only person here quite obsessed with the rear wiper in SIII? We all know it is very functional.....but do you know the backlight (rear windscreen) angle of an hatchback such as Octavia, SIII, Mondeo etc are almost same as saloon cars?? Yes, I know and I've got the evidence too. So, I could argue why need a rear wiper for SIII??

You need a rear wiper to see where you have been, where you are going when you reverse, or who is about to drive into you, when the back light is wet.

Maybe asthetics can rule on supercars or other rich persons expensive toys, but this a notchback Skoda. not a Ferrari !

AFAIK, all the other notchbacks in this class have a rear wash-wipe when they are sold in the UK, may be there is a good reason why this is so?

DC

I think this is one we are all going to have to agree to disagree on :)

We will. Its something I cant see to be honest. Ive never looked at a rear wiper and thought it looked horrible, or ruined the looks of the car. But then again, I myself probably don't see cars in the same light as most others on here.

The only thing I don't like about wipers, are when you have front wipers that move in opposite directions to each other. For some odd reason it looks clumsy, and I keep thinking one of the wipers is going to slow down and the other will get stuck on top of it. I hate watching cars that have wipers like that, and could never buy one.

So I suppose its a simple case of preferences.

One major flaw in your argument here. Im not the only one obsessed. Loads of people are obsessed. The difference being they don't want a wiper. Still obsession though.

But congrats. You've bitten quite nicely. Ive owned a saloon car. I realise a rear wiper isn't a necessity, and doesn't make too much difference (although I also know rear wipers do make things easier from time to time, so are handy when they are fitted). I also know the angle of the rear window has naff all to do with whether the car is hatchback or saloon.

So whilst yes I definitely would prefer a rear wiper, I was winding you all up. Why else would I call a rear wiper 'sexy'?

One major flaw in your argument here. Im not the only one obsessed. Loads of people are obsessed. The difference being they don't want a wiper. Still obsession though.

But congrats. You've bitten quite nicely. Ive owned a saloon car. I realise a rear wiper isn't a necessity, and doesn't make too much difference (although I also know rear wipers do make things easier from time to time, so are handy when they are fitted). I also know the angle of the rear window has naff all to do with whether the car is hatchback or saloon.

So whilst yes I definitely would prefer a rear wiper, I was winding you all up. Why else would I call a rear wiper 'sexy'?

and on that bombshell........Junglejames and myself will shake hands......lol  :giggle:  :giggle:  :giggle:

Conclusion: Personal preference and Skoda should keep this optional for SIII in the UK. :thumbup:

• Like 1

I had 4 yrs happy ownership with a Superb II TwinDoor (Hatchback) and the only thing missing from the spec that I really missed was a rear wash wipe!

• Like 1

Whats the chance of this colour being available when the car is released?

http://www.4tuning.ro/images/geneva-2015-skoda-superb/geneva-2015-skoda-superb-00c291d82e998965be-940-0-1-95-1.jpg

I read the press release on the website and the only colour I did not recognise from the Mk II brochure was Jungle Green, but when I search google for Jungle Green I only get Yeti's and it is a very different colour.

I would love a Mk III in the colour shown in this image. If that colour is not available then the colour options are very drab and boring! (which is a shame because I will be buying a Mk III this summer!)

Here is a other shot of that colour. Video this time.

Also to add I want black alloys and an option too! The Octavia VRS look awesome with black alloys and the black front grill. I want that on a Superb.

Whats the chance of this colour being available when the car is released?

http://www.4tuning.ro/images/geneva-2015-skoda-superb/geneva-2015-skoda-superb-00c291d82e998965be-940-0-1-95-1.jpg

I read the press release on the website and the only colour I did not recognise from the Mk II brochure was Jungle Green, but when I search google for Jungle Green I only get Yeti's and it is a very different colour.

I would love a Mk III in the colour shown in this image. If that colour is not available then the colour options are very drab and boring! (which is a shame because I will be buying a Mk III this summer!)

I have seen Jungle Green on a Superb recently. It actually looks very well and is a bit different. Here is a pre-FL estate (scout version) : superb_scout_d_image_photo_leader_zpsm2k

I wouldn't depend too much on the colours as shown on the Skoda car configurators as the colour palate doesn't translate very well on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a other shot of that colour. Video this time.

Also to add I want black alloys and an option too! The Octavia VRS look awesome with black alloys and the black front grill. I want that on a Superb.

That colour won't be an option. It was just to show the link to the Vision C concept car.

There are two anthracite wheel options though: http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/new-superb/overview

That colour won't be an option. It was just to show the link to the Vision C concept car.

There are two anthracite wheel options though: http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/new-superb/overview

Does anybody know what it would cost to respray a superb. I am being serious, I am so unenthused with the colours I would consider buying a new car and driving it direct to a paint shop to have it changed on day one. Also would that invalidate my warranty?

I am happy to not have the yellow/gold/green as people are calling it, but if I can't have that then I want the VRS Green we have seen on the Fabia in the past.

http://newsimages.motoring.co.uk/skoda-fabia-vrs-breaks-seven-speed-records-24157-image1.jpg

I really am upset about all the colour choices :(

Why don't you see if you can order from Skoda CZ with the "special" colour option then you can have any colour Skoda has ever made. You can still order the light Pacific Blue metallic, Fantasy Green etc...

I had 4 yrs happy ownership with a Superb II TwinDoor (Hatchback) and the only thing missing from the spec that I really missed was a rear wash wipe!

Now that's what I call post of the century.

We should be able to press the like button more than once :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

• Like 1