Option conflictions on vrs

Hi,

Learnt quickly that skoda like to change/alter specs at the drop of a a hat.

Having amongst many others:- columbus with colour maxi dot

Leather seats with red stitching to include heated front and rear seats.

The seat options said due to combo its reduced by £200rrp (footnote in october brochure) but configurator is different :-0 (note: i am having the winter pack too to have a heated screen and front heated seats are included)

Also want to play an ipod. Mitsumi is a brochure option but no usb conn of any description comes up on configurator now!

Dealer still reckons i need it, on here told different.

Also config says columbus with colour maxi dot.

Brochure/ dealer says colour maxi dot extra at £80.

I just want a columbus with a colour maxi dot that runs my 4th gen nano. Is someone able to clarify please?

If the above is reduced/ not needed then its £350rrp of the list price.

Just want to order the bloody thing now!

Cheers

Edited by Bindinbear

Mitsumi isn't needed on Columbus. Configurator says colour maxidot comes with Columbus "Columbus sat nav with European maps and colour Maxi DOT computer".

Does look like there's no reduction on the heated seats with leather now though. Pretty sure I got money off when I ordered mine.

Mitsumi is only needed on Bolero units. If you have the Columbus unit it will already have the built in function needed. If you would like I can check tomorrow for you when i'm in work.

Mitsumi is only needed on Bolero units. If you have the Columbus unit it will already have the built in function needed. If you would like I can check tomorrow for you when i'm in work.

That will be great, thanks

I don't think this is true, i would find one and test it!

I don't think this is true, i would find one and test it!

It is - I have Columbus and didn't order Mitsumi.  My iPhone plugs into the USB socket and works just as you'd expect it to.

I see your point but columbus in a demo is rare due to the price. :-(

You obviously live in the wrong place... I went to two dealers before ordering mine, and both their demo cars had Columbus.

• Like 1

What exactly is mitsumi, is it a usb lead one end and ipod at the other?

Or is it an actual hard connection in the car.

Had it off skoda customer services today, explained my needs in full to be told:-

Mitsumi IS req'd to run ipod on the columbus

Colour maxidot IS included in the £1350 price and

Leather with winter pack and heated rear seats DOES reduce the overall rrp by £200

Ffs! I'm sick of getting different answers. I'm just gonna tick the lot and see what turns up!

Want these items without fail and would be cheesed off if they don't come with it.

Edited by Bindinbear

What exactly is mitsumi, is it a usb lead one end and ipod at the other?

I have no idea what it actually is, but it certainly isn't a lead - it's either extra hardware or just a software thingy on the head unit.

As standard, the Octavia comes with a USB connection.  With Bolero and Amundsen, you can use it for plugging in a flash drive or similar and playing music from that.  I believe (but don't hold me to it) that it will also charge an iPod/iPhone, but won't allow playback.

If you add Mitsumi, then you don't actually get anything different that you can see... however, you can then use an iPod/iPhone for playback over USB.  Not sure if you need a special cable or not...

YOU DO NOT NEED MITSUMI WITH COLUMBUS.  I have Columbus, and I didn't order Mitsumi, and my iPhone works just fine over USB, using just a standard Apple cable.

If you add Mitsumi, then you don't actually get anything different that you can see... however, you can then use an iPod/iPhone for playback over USB.  Not sure if you need a special cable or not...

Not true, with the Mitsumi option you lose the USB and get a different socket marked as 'MEDIA-IN', into which you plug in a special cable.

u7asy6e2.jpg

• Like 1

Not true, with the Mitsumi option you lose the USB and get a different socket marked as 'MEDIA-IN', into which you plug in a special cable.

Ah, fair enough... I stand correct then, sorry.

But you still don't need to order it with Columbus...

Ah, fair enough... I stand correct then, sorry.

But you still don't need to order it with Columbus...

Fact is you can't order it with Columbus from Skoda, although some dealers have been known to pocket the £100....

I wonder why they didn't put the port in the cubby hole and keep the dash a bit tidier.  That way the cable plugged into your phone, which if you've ordered bluetooth+ would more than likely be in the cubby hole, would be hidden from view.

I wonder why they didn't put the port in the cubby hole and keep the dash a bit tidier.  That way the cable plugged into your phone, which if you've ordered bluetooth+ would more than likely be in the cubby hole, would be hidden from view.

But why use mitsumi with your phone, it's much more suited to an ipod, then you don't have to keep unplugging it all the time

But why use mitsumi with your phone, it's much more suited to an ipod, then you don't have to keep unplugging it all the time

That makes sense, but I'd still prefer to have the port a bit more hidden.  I personally use a USB stick and don't like how obvious it is.  In the Kia the USB port is at the back of that recess (above the cubby hole) so at least it's set back and out of sight.  Bit of a moot point as it is where it is, just seems like a bit of a last minute add on without thought for looks or pesky thieves seeing a USB stick hanging out of the dash and getting curious.

YOU DO NOT NEED MITSUMI WITH COLUMBUS. I have Columbus, and I didn't order Mitsumi, and my iPhone works just fine over USB, using just a standard Apple cable.

Is that full functionality on the columbus screen and playback /charge etc?

I can't believe this isn't in the glovebox/ centre armrest. Leads look ugly and aftermarket. My ashtray would be used for my iphone on bluetooth plus. Disappointing on a car costing what it does!

Sorry Bindinbear - didn't mean to derail the thread and turn it into a discussion about the unsightly port.

My bad, typo above. I agree not impressed either tbh but just getting different views about options and don't seem to get a definitive answer from the manufacturer

Mitsumi is the Apple connectivity and the Lead.

The picture Nelly posted shows what you get if you opt for Apple connectivity. It deletes the USB/Jack plug.

Here is the lead used when selecting the option

mitsumi_zps4103c9b8.jpg

But with Columbus you don't need to opt for mitsumi as the unit is set up to be able to use the iphone/ipod through the usb port. That's why it deletes it as an option when selecting it in configurator. 

I hope this helps.

Columbus gives you full functionality with an ipod,I have a classic and it works perfectly. Full search of artist, album, genre. Displays full info including artwork. And charges fine.

Mitsumi is only for the lesser systems. I do agree that the port should be hidden though.

Cheers folks. Skoda uk are clueless then! I told him 'columbus to run an ipod, do i need mitsumi?'

'Yes you do'

He even created a job reference and told me i could refer to it if it turned up wrong on the car :-0

Edited by Bindinbear