All suggestions welcome!

Switching the toggle switch on activates a blinking led light and a buzzing sound the other press knob don't appear to do anything.Tracing the wires would men's stripping the dashboard fascia etc as I have tried

Where is the LED?

That bottom trim is actually very easy to remove.

Just a few screws and it comes off. May just be enough to see where the wires go!

Phil

For one of those garage door openers used for fragging the lazer on a hand held speed detector...maybee....if so don't expect the PO to 'fess up.

Well you have two options...

Ignore it or trace the wires. Can't help you any further unless you can find where the wires go or look for anything else in the car. You looked under the bonnet for anything?

Phil

Oh I want to know now! As suggested a open opener might be a good call (would that buzz though?). Would someone driving a 1.4 be overly bothered about frying speed guns (if that even works!?). If I was you I would be keen to find out exactly what had been fiddled with. Someone mucking about with the electrics could be an expensive fix if it goes wrong.

FPV connector for remote control??? Switch to turn it on, button like a dead man's handle so that a person in the car has to hold it in to allow another outside of the car drive it with a remote control. Connector is for the receiver...Simples...or not... :D

Well you call the thread "all suggestions welcome"

Edited by nickgpfc

I would trace the wires but i don't want to take things apart and then find I can't get it back together again or break something in the process.Need someone who has done it before.anyone out there near Burnham on Sea?

Did you buy it from a garage/dealer?

If so it may be worth having a word with them about it. Just say you've discovered these switches and do they know what they are.

They probably weren't aware of them.

Phil

I've already gone down that route and they didn't know anythingWould try getting in touch with previous owner but it don't show on the log book now I think it was on the bit you send to swanse

It should do.