Amundsen and USB error

Got SamCam speed camera app for my Xperia Z phone which works fine stand alone. But for long journeys I would like to be able to plug the phone into the usb port so it's charging. Trouble is, 80 percent of the time my phone just locks up the Amundsen, it says loading USB when I plug it in and then displays 'USB error'. Then nothing works, sd card, bluetooth selections all error. The radio won't play although it displays all the stations. It occasionally works, but more often than not I end up £U7ing about with it till I feel like putting a screwdriver through the thing. 

Any ideas??

How old is your Amundsen?  I think you can dump camera POIs into the older ones but not the recent RNS315 type (which I have :( )

Plan B - charge your sony from the fag lighter

Edited by camelspyyder

I think the USB port has a really low voltage, which is useless for charging anything. I have to use a USB cigarette lighter thingy to get anything to charge.

Never had a problem charging my phone over mitsumi to usb on my admundsen. But as its an iPhone it doesn't support usb mass storage.

I wonder if the sony is having an issue with the admundsen because of how mass storage is implemented. Is there and way to turn it off in andriod?

I occasionally have the same error occur but I have the Bolero (base spec) radio. I have found one way around it for me, my phone is a HTC one, is to have the phone 'unlocked' as you plug the USB cable in. This seems to not cause an issue for me.

I agree its not the most ideal solution if you are driving and you want to plug the phone in!

I've experienced this - I think the Amundsen is seeing the phone as a mass storage device and sometime the handshake does not appear to work as designed.

I've not tried this but perhaps the AUX or SD card can be selected as the input source from the MEDIA button immediately after connecting the phone through the USB port? The idea is to bypass the USB software dialogue but still retain the hardwired (ie power) connectivity. Would that work or am I talking rubbish as usual?

Anyway I always connect using the fag lighter as others have suggested. The power output appears better from the lighter.

Never had a problem charging my phone over mitsumi to usb on my admundsen. But as its an iPhone it doesn't support usb mass storage.

I wonder if the sony is having an issue with the admundsen because of how mass storage is implemented. Is there and way to turn it off in andriod?

I have my phone set to MTP Media transfer mode. Makes no difference. Still wont work

Cheers chaps, I have tried all your suggestions. Nothing doing, which begs the question. What's the bloody point of the port in the first place? I have a 12volt adapter from the old car, so it's back to that.

Plugging an iPod in?

I must admit I don't use mine. Music is on a 64gb SD card and phone charges from the adapter.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Have you thought of trying a charge only cable?

I use one without the data lines in the cable so the Amundsden doesn't try and play music from my phone.

Seems to charge quicker too.

• Like 1

Cheers chaps, I have tried all your suggestions. Nothing doing, which begs the question. What's the bloody point of the port in the first place? I have a 12volt adapter from the old car, so it's back to that.

Strnagely the USB charges my ipod nano 7, but wont allow data exchange!

Strnagely the USB charges my ipod nano 7, but wont allow data exchange!

You need mitsumi /ami / whatever they're calling it this week with the correct (expensive) cable to use Apple kit unless you have Columbus.

It was £100 extra at build or was on my car.

Quick Google shows this - see the "media in" rather than usb.

http://s74.photobucket.com/user/Neily03/media/mkIII%20vRS/Photo02-10-2013142539.jpg.html

Thanks nelly;)

How do you do this? If I can do this I can surely put Camera POIs in too

I'm sure there is a link on here to download the radio logos, just tried looking but no joy. I'm sure you could Google them. Once you have them put them onto a usb stick,tune into the station you want then settings, logos, choose source (usb) or something along those lines. It's worth doing as it makes it easy to identify the channels and adds a bit of colour to the radio screen.

Edit. No chance of Camera Poi's, they are on my wish list.

Edited by DaiUK
  • Like 1

I'm sure there is a link on here to download the radio logos, just tried looking but no joy. I'm sure you could Google them. Once you have them put them onto a usb stick,tune into the station you want then settings, logos, choose source (usb) or something along those lines. It's worth doing as it makes it easy to identify the channels and adds a bit of colour to the radio screen.

Edit. No chance of Camera Poi's, they are on my wish list.

link:

http://www.volkswagen.de/de/models/golf_7/brochure/senderlogos.html

• Like 1