vrs build dates

i contacted skoda uk excecetive dept this morning over the issue of supply of new rear shocks for my tdi estate to try n resolve the clunk from the rear on rough roads and cornering which started about 6 weeks ago, i was told that they havent got any and that they are on order,for del in november hopefully.i asked how they are able to build cars on the line if there are no shocks, the reply was that vrs octavias arent being built now till january,as there are no factory slots available,the models apparently are built in batch runs,and they have exceeded demand forcast by around 30%,just relaying what iv been told, so dont shoot the messenger, and apparently my shocks are classed as hazzardous cargo and therefore must come on a boat!

Parts that go to the line and parts for spares are two completely different things (although the part is the same).  They can be out of stock for spare but the factory can be ticking over just fine, they won't take parts from line side for spare orders.

I'm currently waiting for 2 new electric boot struts as these are also out of stock.

• Like 2

Yes I know mate,but their particular department are able to source parts from other routes,ie factory,which dealers cant,

Working in the car industry myself i'd be very surprised if they take parts from the line as this will result in either the line stopped or cars missing parts.  They won't have extra parts line side.

• Like 1

I had to do some training a while ago. All parts that are at the factory are there specifically for the vehicles that are being built. They only allocate parts needed for builds and no extras.

I think they order parts months ahead ready for the build dates for allocated build cars. 

• Like 1

I had to do some training a while ago. All parts that are at the factory are there specifically for the vehicles that are being built. They only allocate parts needed for builds and no extras.

I think they order parts months ahead ready for the build dates for allocated build cars. 

^^^^ This :)

Ordered my VRS beginning of September. Arriving mid November, 11 weeks delivery est, your stealer is talking  :swear:  :moon:

if you read my thread it wasnt my dealer,but skoda uk excecetive dept,i have my car, btw its not mid november yet,