Can you expect dealer to also deduct about

Until it goes wrong :dull:

The DSG is really a manual gearbox with autochanging.  Twin clutches to achieve super quick changes and the 7 speed to achieve a high top gear to improve MPG.

VW-Audi have biult it with a projected life time of 400,000 Kms, in a normal conditions life cycle.

The 7 speed DSG does seem to get confused sometimes but generally, and I I have done around 200K miles on the 7 speed DSG, about 200K miles with the 6 speed wet box plus about a half a million miles in manual boxes and the 7 speed DSG is the best box I have ever driven with.

It is concerning that VAG only give 60K miles warranty, which I normally know off in about 20 months, and with these complex machines ie turbo engines and complex boxes, warranty, either manufacturers or after market, is in my view essential.

When is the 8 or 10 speed box due?

Any road up, one good thing is the 0% PCP deal with Skoda can be over 42 months rather than 36 maximum with SEAT so lower monthly payments!

Edited by lol-lol

Got a quick print from Drivethedeal but they came out with the excuse that the figure shown is just a spot price and I was unlikely to get that amount.

As far as I know, that's not how DtD works. The price they give is an actual dealer price I think.

• Like 1

Got a quick print from Drivethedeal but they came out with the excuse that the figure shown is just a spot price and I was unlikely to get that amount.

What other internet car sales sites are there?

Apart from the brokers in WhatCar I googled "30 biggest car dealer groups" and went to every one selling Seat or skoda online site comparing prices so I knew what the local dealers had to match

Apart from the brokers in WhatCar I googled "30 biggest car dealer groups" and went to every one selling Seat or skoda online site comparing prices so I knew what the local dealers had to match

Thanks for this.

I tihnk PCP ie lease is the best deals at the moment, for me anyways, and the 42 month deal from Skoda especially good even with the less ie £1500 rather than £2000 off that Skoda have compared to SEAT. 

Whilst it could be attractive to get up to £4k off that would have to be down the HP route I guess. 

An interesting exercise which I think I will undertake but perhaps just the biggest 3 or 5 in the West Mindlands area for starters. 

Cheers.