Fitting hids

Fitted my HID's today, went for a 35w 4300k kit and it's amazing, crisp white light and full beam is epic!

Bit of a ball ache to fit though especially on drivers side with the diesel filter being in the way there was minimal room.

One question though, where has people mounted their ballasts securely ? Pics would be great

Thanks

Fitted my HID's today, went for a 35w 4300k kit and it's amazing, crisp white light and full beam is epic!

Bit of a ball ache to fit though especially on drivers side with the diesel filter being in the way there was minimal room.

One question though, where has people mounted their ballasts securely ? Pics would be great

Thanks

Which kit was this mate? What brand and where from?

ebay canbus pro ones with two years warranty.

Right I've removed them now after blowing 3 fuses and the ballast started to smoke a lot. I thought they was going to set on fire!

Ant

I guess thats one of the problems with buying off ebay.

I've had 3 kits (for different things) off hids direct and never had a problem

Hids are w@#k mine have stopped working already. Great wish I saved my money now with all the crap I've had with them.

So that would be the 55w set? Guess that answers the questions about whether to go for that set up. I've never had a problem with my 35w bulbs and ballasts.

ebay canbus pro ones with two years warranty.

Right I've removed them now after blowing 3 fuses and the ballast started to smoke a lot. I thought they was going to set on fire!

Ant

Would I be right in saying that you had 55w bulbs with 35W ballasts or I am not getting the right end of the stick here?

So that would be the 55w set? Guess that answers the questions about whether to go for that set up. I've never had a problem with my 35w bulbs and ballasts.

I was happy with the custom set up

Would I be right in saying that you had 55w bulbs with 35W ballasts or I am not getting the right end of the stick here?

yeah I had 55w bulbs with 35w ballasts but I did some looking on Google and it's the ballast everybody was saying that makes the difference between the 35w to 55w.

Nah.

Thats the difference between an ebay kit and one from a half decent place i reckon ;) haha.

I was happy with the custom set up yeah I had 55w bulbs with 35w ballasts but I did some looking on Google and it's the ballast everybody was saying that makes the difference between the 35w to 55w.

I think this is the source of your problems, smoking ballasts further reinforce this line of thinking. I'd get 55W ballasts for 55w lamps if I were you :)

Go for it but don't go higher than 5k they become 2 blue

Ahh don't say that lol, i ordered a 6k the other day and they told me on the phone that it's not too blue but has a tinge of blue which i wanted, that's from hids direct, i hope it's not too blue haha

I got the 6k ones off ebay, apart from a bit of a fiddle to get the bulb holders seated back in the headlights everything has been spot on with them.

They are a bit more blue than I had imagined but not too much. The only thing is now the DRL's look much more white than the headlights. 5k would probably match the DRL's better

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd bump this rather than start another hid thread.

So I fitted my h7 4300k 55w from hid-direct today, easy little job in the end, found a hand video on youtube prior to fitting that showed how to fit without cutting the bulb clip retainers and I made a 21mm wad punch to cut the hole in the rubber cap for the grommet and Bob's your uncle they work a treat! Link for the youtube vid here http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W-EWIipji4U