Fitting hids

Thought I'd bump this rather than start another hid thread.

So I fitted my h7 4300k 55w from hid-direct today, easy little job in the end, found a hand video on youtube prior to fitting that showed how to fit without cutting the bulb clip retainers and I made a 21mm wad punch to cut the hole in the rubber cap for the grommet and Bob's your uncle they work a treat! Link for the youtube vid here

You got any pics of the 4300k? Not seen them in the 'real world' before

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You got any pics of the 4300k? Not seen them in the 'real world' before

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

No pictures yet, will try remember to take some tonight, I went for 4300k because I wanted the maximum amount of light, have a look at this link, can't remember how/where I came across I but it is interesting reading http://www.mobilehid.com/3000k.htm

The 4300k is very oem looking, not blue at all, the drls still show a small hint blue, maybe 5000k would be the perfect match but on reading the link the light output just starts to tail off, I'm well happy as they improve the appearance of the car no end and by god they are bright, really throws the light much further on main beam and no more driving in your own shadow because the car behind you has better lights on the low beam.

• Like 1

So fitted hids yesterday and the passenger side has stopped working today switched back to original and still not working what could be issue? [emoji107]

What hid kit did you go for/where from?

I resisted temptation of the cheap eBay options and went for a kit from hid direct in hope that if there is/was a problem then they would be easier to deal/liaise with to rectify any issues as customer service is high on there priorities.

What hid kit did you go for/where from?

I resisted temptation of the cheap eBay options and went for a kit from hid direct in hope that if there is/was a problem then they would be easier to deal/liaise with to rectify any issues as customer service is high on there priorities.

Schoolboy error on my part went on gumtree and found someone local selling them brand new across the region, I wished I had gone to someone reputable now, which kit did you purchase?

Schoolboy error on my part went on gumtree and found someone local selling them brand new across the region, I wished I had gone to someone reputable now, which kit did you purchase?

Ahh, we've all been tempted with cheaper alternatives and regretted it, I tried some led H7 bulbs from eBay last year and regretted it, luckily the seller was very fair when I contacted him and I got full refund.

The kit I went for was hid direct h7 - 4300k - 55w

Ahh, we've all been tempted with cheaper alternatives and regretted it, I tried some led H7 bulbs from eBay last year and regretted it, luckily the seller was very fair when I contacted him and I got full refund.

The kit I went for was hid direct h7 - 4300k - 55w

Lesson learned for me I've messaged the chap twice so far no reply, can I ask what you paid for the kit ?

Lesson learned for me I've messaged the chap twice so far no reply, can I ask what you paid for the kit ?

That sucks, some people shouldn't be allowed to trade.

I paid £55.95

Here is the link

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h7r-55w-slim-smart-canbus-hid-xenon-conversion-kit/

Choose the temperature, I can recommend the 4300k for light out put but if you want the blue tinge then you will need higher but I'm no expert, that's just from all the hours of reading I've done.

• Like 1

+1 for Hids direct, got the ultra slim kit for £40 and had a small fault with the bulb and they sent me 2 bulbs out the next day! Top service.. I went for 6000k and very happy with it

• Like 1

Thought I'd bump this rather than start another hid thread.

So I fitted my h7 4300k 55w from hid-direct today, easy little job in the end, found a hand video on youtube prior to fitting that showed how to fit without cutting the bulb clip retainers and I made a 21mm wad punch to cut the hole in the rubber cap for the grommet and Bob's your uncle they work a treat! Link for the youtube vid here http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W-EWIipji4U

Nice guide just bought the same kit as you did :)

• Like 1

What's the advantages of HIDS guys over normal bulbs?? I'm looking at getting some but someone recommended some Philips I think, are HIDS much better?

Brighter, look better, last longer.

If you want normal bulbs then the Phillips extreme vision or osram nightbreakers are the way to go.

Or you could go the full hog on a hid kit

• Like 1