New here, have just ordered Skoda Octavia Combi with all extras

Hi all

after having my Qashqai 2014 CVT returned for a full refund today, due to the massive CVT problems with it, i have just ordered a new Octavia Combi with the following Extras

1.4 Elegance DSG

Panoramic Sunroof

Kessy

Electric Boot

Park Assistant with front and rear sensors

18" Rims "ALARIS"

Bi-Xenon with LED

Leather Steering Wheel, with phone buttons and comfortsteering

Adaptive Cruisecontrol with frontassist

Electric folding mirros 

Electric Seats with memory

Columbus Navigation

Lane Assist

Dab

Canton Sound

Mitsumi

Metal Grey Colour

Variable Boot Bottom

Road Sign Recognition

Should be delivered around Feb 15

Hope to be a long time member of this forum

Sincerely

Carsten Larsen

Denmark

• Like 4

Seeing as you seem able to order road sign recognition, which we can't do in the UK, I would be very interested in a VCDS scan of your car when it arrives.

Given the spec you have ordered any reason why you didn't go for a L&K other than the 1.4 engine?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

hi all and thanks for the warm welcome

i wanted the l&k edition, but for some reason you cant order and l&k version in denmark, with front parking sensors.

i wasnt aware of the mitsumi thing with the columbus, will speak with the dealer tomorrow

as for the nissan qashqai , its a long story, but basicly most of the CVT versions of the new QQ diesel breaks down after 6-8 months, and has to have a new gearbox, i know of 3 other cases in denmark, which had new gearboxes fittes last week, and they have all broken down again, as mine did yesterday, after having it replaced last week.

its been a long haul, having to reject the car, since neither the dealer or nissan would take responsibility for it, but kept saying that they would come up with a solution, at last i leaked the story to several danish newspapers, and that made things move fast, today my dealer gave me a full refund, and took the car back

http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/forum/danish-article-about-cvt-problems_topic1649.html

now i just have to wait about 4 months before my new skoda arrives, and in the meantime i will be driving my wifes Seat Mii automatic (SMILES)

sincerely

Carsten Larsen

• Like 3

i wanted the l&k edition, but for some reason you cant order and l&k version in denmark, with front parking sensors.

Doesn't the L&K come with park assist so has all the parking sensors you could wish for?

• Like 1

yes i know, but in denmark it only comes with rear sensors, and no option for park assist, its so weird that there should be differences from country to country, in denmark we also can't order the rear view camera on any models

yes i know, but in denmark it only comes with rear sensors, and no option for park assist, its so weird that there should be differences from country to country, in denmark we also can't order the rear view camera on any models

It is weird, especially when I thought one of the philosophies behind the L&K was a very high spec. Still your combi and all those options looks like it will be a very nice car to have. Enjoy! :)

Carsten

I've been reading about your woes on the Nissan forum. My commiserations!

Bit worrying as my son runs a Nissan (albeit with out the CVT).

Because I had time on my hands I just did the math on your Octavia spec - am I right in thinking that the total cost is around £45K in Denmark or is my adding up wrong?

PS Welcome to the fourm.

Hi all

Its around 53000k british pounds or 502.000 danish kr.

Gotta love the danish tax system

Was around the dealer today, and he had 2 cars with the columbus, one with usb and one with mitsumi, and the one with only usb wouldnt charge my iphone 6, the one with misumi would, so i ordered mitsumi just to be safe, its only 795 danish kr or 80pounds

Its been a long haul with the whole nissan story, snd im so happy to put it behind me, now the long wait for my skoda is starting.....

Have a nice weekend all

See yaa

Carsten

• Like 1

That's strange because Nissan has been selling primarily CVTs for about a decade now and they have proven to be generally reliable, but Nissan doesn't sell any diesels in the US so maybe that combo has something to do with it and I just haven't heard.  My number 2 pick for a car (at least until the new 308 showed up) was a Qashqai, but I would have picked the manual.  Ford had issues with autos blowing up every 90k in the 90s, VW had its recent DSG problems (in Aus, at least), now Nissan with its CVT.  This is one of the reasons I'll stick with a manual for as long as possible.

I have the 1.4 TSI Elegance DSG with a lot of extras, though not as many as you - I have no sunroof, no electric seats, no Canton and no Columbus, but I do have VRS seats and lowered suspension.

I haven't regretted any of the extras, and I really like the ACC, electric boot and Kessy

• 3 months later...

it finally arrived at the dealer last week, and i picked it up friday afternoon, i can honestly say that this is the best new car that i have ever purchased

that 1.4 TSI engine, with the DSG is so smooth and quick

love the car

here are some pictures

post-122107-0-69078500-1424969616_thumb.jpg

post-122107-0-17974400-1424969625_thumb.jpg

post-122107-0-32274000-1424969634_thumb.jpg

post-122107-0-04044200-1424969642_thumb.jpg

post-122107-0-61437300-1424969650_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The cream interior is nice alright, was very tempted by it myself but was concerned about keeping it clean with kids etc so went with the black but still thinking about the cream(I've ordered leather/alcantara) as I ordered metal grey and think it all might be quite dark as I didn't get the panorama sunroof. Is that the cappuccino beige?

Was around the dealer today, and he had 2 cars with the columbus, one with usb and one with mitsumi, and the one with only usb wouldnt charge my iphone 6, the one with misumi would, so i ordered mitsumi just to be safe, its only 795 danish kr or 80pounds

here are some pictures

From the pictures it would appear to be USB and not Mitsumi or am I mistaken?

The cream interior is nice alright, was very tempted by it myself but was concerned about keeping it clean with kids etc so went with the black but still thinking about the cream(I've ordered leather/alcantara) as I ordered metal grey and think it all might be quite dark as I didn't get the panorama sunroof. Is that the cappuccino beige?

yes its the cappuccino beige

From the pictures it would appear to be USB and not Mitsumi or am I mistaken?

as i´m informed by the dealer, you can't spec mitsumi with the columbus, since it´s not needed with columbus?, can anyone confirm this?

as i´m informed by the dealer, you can't spec mitsumi with the columbus, since it´s not needed with columbus?, can anyone confirm this?

Correct. Columbus only need Usb to do his thing :)