Felicia rubbers and replacement key

post-121085-14146908837625_thumb.jpg

Went to my local dealer (bath) today to try and get some parts for my pickup. Very helpful and have ordered me a side light switch (I read it was a recommended spare).

However the other things I was after they can no longer supply as my truck is pre 2000.

The first thing was a spare key, I have found a couple reproduction blanks on eBay that I could go get cut, is there any other way?

Secondly I could do with part 26 on the picture, a small rubber that sits on the bottom of the cabin air intake (mine appears to have shrunk and is a poor fit), along with a similar sized rubber that fits on the underside of part 15 which also seems to have shrunk. Any ideas where to get these?

Thank you!

spare keys you can get only from Skoda dealers.

it is not only about cutting the key from a blank, keys have a chip inside.

part 26 you mentioned is probably the one in the photo.

I wouldn't bother myself changing it.

in fact I took it out because all rain water, dirt, leaves, etc. were piling inside fan housing.

the other rubber part is not identifiable from your description.

nonetheless it is not made anymore and a scrapyard is the only solution.

anyways, if those parts are your biggest concern... you have a brilliant car.

a9cc91c2bf4b.jpg

• Like 2

Thankyou that is the rubber I was on about, the other one you come across when you separate the top and bottom of the unit that the first rubber comes out of. I'm glad they are currently my only worries....... ;) (radiator has just been done ;) ) the skoda dealer said they cannot make the keys anymore because it is pre2000 , I hadn't even thought about it may have an immobiliser chip! I'll go to my local timpsons at some point and ask.

donjoe 

spare keys you can get only from Skoda dealers.

it is not only about cutting the key from a blank, keys have a chip inside.

part 26 you mentioned is probably the one in the photo.

I wouldn't bother myself changing it.

in fact I took it out because all rain water, dirt, leaves, etc. were piling inside fan housing.

the other rubber part is not identifiable from your description.

nonetheless it is not made anymore and a scrapyard is the only solution.

anyways, if those parts are your biggest concern... you have a brilliant car.

a9cc91c2bf4b.jpg

I must ask why do you keep (iv noticed itit in a few threads now)  on telling us that dealers can get and that and you don't see how it's a problem? You don't live here in the uk so how the hell do you know what we can and can't get as a genuine part? A very good friend of mine works for a local skoda dealer and no we can't get the bits skoda uk are phasing the parts out of there system and when there gone there gone for uk dealers so then we'll have to start looking to source them from abroad. If on the other hand you know something skoda uk and we don't then please enlighten us........

In fairness to dohnjoe I understood what he said as - if the dealer no longer has stock then a scrapyard is the best solution for the rubber but a proper key would only have been available from a dealer so if it's not available any more you may struggle.

I think the rubber in the photo is meant to drain water from the box (as it will sag under the weight of water) but keep fumes from the engine bay from entering the car via the box. I wouldn't like to leave it out but I get the feeling that dohnjoe's car is a cleaner, happier place in the engine compartment than my oily old diesel.

Thank you for all the replies. My skoda is a 1998 1.3. The dealer was the main skoda one in bath, who told me because everything before 2000 doesn't appear on their computer system, it's very hard to find parts and therefore skoda don't do a lot of them. The key is also related to them not having a chassis number registered on their computer systems apparently. (I'm guessing they use this information to create a new key rather than copying my existing one). Im tempted to by a donor felicia hatchback for parts anyway as they are so cheap! To be fair I don't believe the rubbers I am after are highly essentially, after all the ones I have are doing an ok job anyway! I will make my way to timpsons at some point and probably a scrap dealer, first I need to get my hands on a truckman top for the winter.