Rattling from dash

scgf

Got my Citigo in April, been very impressed with the lack of rattles and squeaks, then recently I get a rattling from inside the dash somewhere between PID stalk and steering wheel (as far as I can determine). It only happens when cold, if I put the heating on it soon goes as the car warms up. It's nothing to do with the PID assembly, sounds like something is rattling/vibrating - most evident on rough roads. Any ideas?

I've got one in my glove box, it's really annoying me now.

Mine squeaked a little on the dash when I first got it but it soon disappeared. And yes it did go once the car had warmed up.

I've got one in my glove box, it's really annoying me now.

Mine squeaked a little on the dash when I first got it but it soon disappeared. And yes it did go once the car had warmed up.

Now I know where I left my false teeth :D

• Like 1

is it a plastic or metal rattle? The heat shield one is fairly obvious metal, almost sounds like a misfire/struggling engine. Shwbo notice a plastic rattle the other day, seems to be coming from the pid mount area or the windscreen vent, no pid in ours, so im guessing its the vent has a loose clip.

Just had my heat shield replaced under warranty this afternoon as the old one rattled/chirped and was very annoying. They said it had sheered in half.

I too thought it was a dash rattle as it sounded from that area. But when you rock the engine by hand you can hear it just behind the engine as it rubs against the exhaust. It's a common fault on these and the UP [emoji57]

when it due service in about 6k, ill be getting it checked out then. It doesnt really bother me when im driving it, just when swmbo is and im passenger, as it sounds like its in too high a gear!

Edited by mac11irl