Cheapest Octavia Part?

Somewhere sur le Continong, there lies a small piece of plastic, which will be forever Skoda.

The little roof bar trim, nsf, detached itself (hard to imagine someone stealing it), its gone. I didn't cry or moan. I did think that will be stupidly expensive though.

An expedition to Kings Lynn today saw me come away with a replacement. I had ordered the day before, by phone. It was there, it was right first time, no reorders, sending back or dark looks and mutterings of rubbish service.

I was welcomed into the showroom, given coffee while I was stunned at the prices for branded stuff, and surprised to find that What Car thought the mk111 the best repmobile.

The salesperson wasn't sure about fitting so he came out and we offered it up and it slipped in nicely.

Brandishing the card, I was very surprised to find the cost was only £5.44, inc vat.

As was the saleaman. (the parts person had gone home for lunch).

So inmates, is there a genuine Skoda part for less than that?

I'm surprised over the difference between stereo surrounds.

Ranges from £5 to £70+ depending upon car model (and material).

£5 for my Octavia. £25 for the Yeti!

Man that's cheap.

It appears the way the dealers do it here is they first work out what it costs to raise an invoice.  This is the base cost of all parts.  Then they take the wholesale price of the part, add their profit margin and the cost of a single invoice.  This becomes the retail price of the item, so a ticket holder for the windscreen is about $7, some screws would be about $1 each - even if you want 100.  It's a rip-off of the highest order but ther'es no competition for genuine parts unless you go overseas.

Floor Mat Clips Front & Rear (3D086485101C)

£0.24 inc. VAT

They were 18p last year.

I knew they were cheap but hadn't realised that cheap!

Bought them at the same time as the service so hadn't really noted the cost.

Phil

I knew they were cheap but hadn't realised that cheap!

Bought them at the same time as the service so hadn't really noted the cost.

Phil

Slightly off topic but these floor mat clips? You can just buy and fit them of car doesn't have then as standard? How hard isit

@DanialA11

They have a short screw thread and just screw into the carpet, there should be pilot holes in the carpet for correct positioning of standard Skoda mats if you look closely, if not it's not rocket science to position mats and mark where the clips should go.