Sunset Glass

Is it Factory fit or aftermarket.

I've noticed that on my rear screen and the quarter windows on the rear doors the tints do not look like there fitted correctly, there's air bubbles and the tints seem not to be stuck on properly and they seem to be cut short in the corners

The one i went to look at recently had a film fitted rather than tinted glass but the sales man couldn't tell me if it was one they had fitted afterwards or if it came like that from the factory.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sunset glass is a factory fitted option at the point of build.

Looks good and sets my silver elegance of a treat.

I appreciate that, having just ordered one with sunset glass. But i do wonder if some people are being fobbed off will tinted film instead of the real deal

I appreciate that, having just ordered one with sunset glass. But i do wonder if some people are being fobbed off will tinted film instead of the real deal

If they are that would be fraud and Skoda could get into serious trouble.  There are some reports of dealers forgetting to order various options then fudging later ("black pack" sprayed on in one case)

Give SK UK your details including chassis no. See if they can tell you if sunset was standard at point of manufacturing. I like others think dealer is telling lies, they know its after market.

This has got me thinking, taken from the Skoda Website:-

Black design package Includes black radiator surround and wing mirrors

Black design package plus Includes 19-inch Xtreme alloy wheels
(7.5 x 19-inch with 225/35 R19 88Y tyres and anti-theft wheel bolts), sunset glass, colour Maxi DOT trip computer, and black design package 

I don't have the 19" wheels so I assume I have the " Black package ", sunset glass is standard on the " Black package Plus "

Looks like mine has the Sunset Glass as a Factory Option for £140 or the dealer has had it done.

The car was an Ex Demo and as I removed the Dealer sticker from the rear screen it femoved some of the tint. I'm having it re_tinted by a local company next week and the fitter remarked how poor the fitting was guessing it wasn't done in the factory.

Custer services here I come, Stand by your beds folks,

Ps:- Will the boot sticker have the code on for Factory fitted Sunset Glass, if so Anyone know the code and where on the sticker will it be?

Bugger. Sounds like the dealer decided the demo would look better with tints and got a job done on the cheap. That seems a bit lame of them... Hopefully the new outfit does a top notch job and you never have to think about it again! On the plus side, you can probably get it a little darker than the factory tint, which is certainly on the light side of dark.

Bugger. Sounds like the dealer decided the demo would look better with tints and got a job done on the cheap. That seems a bit lame of them... Hopefully the new outfit does a top notch job and you never have to think about it again! On the plus side, you can probably get it a little darker than the factory tint, which is certainly on the light side of dark.

Sounds like it, keeping the same colour as I have an Auto Dimming Mirror and don't know how darker glass would affect its function. It's dark enough for me.

I wouldn't get the tints replaced just yet - Skoda UK may want to see or they may want to give the dealer the opportunity to replace. In getting them replaced yourself kind of removes the evidence does it not?

There is usually a sticker on the inside of the service book or inside the spare wheel well, this shows all the factory fitted options. You can also check the VIN online somehow - think this may list the options too.

99.9999% sure it's a thing between you and dealer with it being a demo.Unless you asked at the time, did these come standard fit with the car, which I don't suppose it crossed your mind as it wouldn't most peoples. I think the only chance would be to ask to see if they would pay for them to be re tinted, as you feel you were mis led into assuming they were original fit.

** Update **  Been on the phone to Skoda UK and after a lengthy conversation and a phone call back to me I can tell you the Car didn't leave the Factory with the Sunset Pack.

It's an after Market Fit, by a two year old by the look of it.

Sunset Glass is Coloured Glass, not stick on tints.

Lesson learnt, " Never trust a Dealer "   I'll get it sorted as I've had the car a few months, if they hadn't  put the Dealer Sticker in the rear screen and I hadn't  removed it, along with some of the tint I wouldn't be any the wiser. 

Thanks for your input 

• Like 1