Winter Lsp

laff82

What to use for the winter is the question?

open to suggestion as to sealant, hybrid, sealant topped with wax, or just wax but overwhelmed by the options.

Chris used jetseal topped with authentic which looked rather good, but I dont think the authentic lasted too long.  

I have a bottle of JS and a bottle of britemax extreme elements.  I have a tub of nattys blue but had that down as a summer type.

So what to buy.....dont mind spending a few quid, but thoroughly overwhelmed by the choice.  And it also seems a shame to pay full price close to sale times.

looking a waxamomo for example have...

dodo purple haze pro panel pot @ £6

bouncers vanilla ice sample @ £9

or

bouncers fortify @ £25

sonic carnubavore @ £35 

bouncers vanilla ice @ £50

today im a very confused boy.

• Like 1

For winter maybe collinite 845 or 476 depending on if you want liquid or paste.

But my choice would be now and will be until something major comes out, hellshine abyss or artdekotsos both offer extreme shine and and very very durable.

And both have a great qd to match them. Rapid revenge for abyss and NGPS for artdekotsos.

I would certainly agree with the above.....

Starting on a budget.... Collinite 476 and FK1000P are two i have used for many years.

£20 tops for the above products and you will not be disappointed, that's for sure.

Some other great waxes/sealants on offer as well - but price then jumps up quite a bit.

Dependent on budget - you can progress through many options Simon.

Sonax Protect and Shine Hybrid NPT is my recommendation. Just buy the can, about £13 and a microfibre applicator. Takes minutes to apply, and can buff straight away. Some of the best water behaviour I've ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Sonax Protect and Shine Hybrid NPT is my recommendation. Just buy the can, about £13 and a microfibre applicator. Takes minutes to apply, and can buff straight away. Some of the best water behaviour I've ever seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a can you say?, dont think i've seen many like that. Cheap too, certainly a contender.

I have a sample pot of abyss which was £12 if you want it you can have it for £7.50 including post and I'll even top it up to full from my own tub.

If your after a sample size that is?

If these are out of your budget then I recommend fusso coat it will last you a life time and it's an outstanding winter wax.

To be honest I havent set a budget, which is part of the problem along with the huge choice available.  If someone were to say that brand x is £50 and it is all things to all men I would buy it instantly.  I think I'll see what they demo at AB on Saturday then choose. 

I have a sample pot of abyss which was £12 if you want it you can have it for £7.50 including post and I'll even top it up to full from my own tub.
If your after a sample size that is?

If these are out of your budget then I recommend fusso coat it will last you a life time and it's an outstanding winter wax.

Thats very generous Carl thank you, and were I not going on the AB training day on Saturday I would have taken you up on that.

Any more thoughts on what you prefer, or the up/downsides of Abyss vs Obsidian?

For winter maybe collinite 845 or 476 depending on if you want liquid or paste.

But my choice would be now and will be until something major comes out, hellshine abyss or artdekotsos both offer extreme shine and and very very durable.

And both have a great qd to match them. Rapid revenge for abyss and NGPS for artdekotsos.

How important is matching the qd to the product?  if I have read correctly NGPS is a sealant, so therefore would project 32 or BSD work similarly?

I would certainly agree with the above.....

Starting on a budget.... Collinite 476 and FK1000P are two i have used for many years.

£20 tops for the above products and you will not be disappointed, that's for sure.

Some other great waxes/sealants on offer as well - but price then jumps up quite a bit.

Dependent on budget - you can progress through many options Simon.

What do the products do better as the price goes up Ste?  Is there a marked improvement (that would show on a 7 year old skoda rather than a bentley?)

How important is matching the qd to the product?  if I have read correctly NGPS is a sealant, so therefore would project 32 or BSD work similarly?

What do the products do better as the price goes up Ste?  Is there a marked improvement (that would show on a 7 year old skoda rather than a bentley?)

That is the BIG question..... and in reality - i dont think i can say much to sell it for you; that warrants spending any more than £20-30 - in my humble opinion.

I started with Collinite 476 over 10 years ago and its still a "go to" product for winter protection!

I have tried and tested many products. Some are easier to apply, some cost 5 times as much and more.

I'm sure many of the guys will have their own experiences of course.... and i hope they share.

In this age of sealants and coatings - there is a plethora of products that may appeal to you.

This winter i have opted for Definitive Wax Durus.... but i'm also collecting the DW product range.

• Like 2

I would say matching up a specific qd is not nessarry and I would happily throw BSD on top of either wax or any wax for that matter.

It's just that with those 2 they were designed to go hand in hand with the 2 waxes.

Good call, I would have a play with some at autobrite and make you decision from there.

I still think you will come away with a pot of abyss lol.

Enjoy!

That is the BIG question..... and in reality - i dont think i can say much to sell it for you; that warrants spending any more than £20-30 - in my humble opinion.

I started with Collinite 476 over 10 years ago and its still a "go to" product for winter protection!

I have tried and tested many products. Some are easier to apply, some cost 5 times as much and more.

I'm sure many of the guys will have their own experiences of course.... and i hope they share.

In this age of sealants and coatings - there is a plethora of products that may appeal to you.

This winter i have opted for Definitive Wax Durus.... but i'm also collecting the DW product range.

Another DW fan here, I've got Synthetic on a mates car, seems very good.

Fk1000p I also found was great over winter & add a sacrificial layer of wax over it does it no harm.

• Like 1

I'm using Carlack 68 and Collinite 476 combo and it works very well, the Carlack cleans and lays down a Sealant then the Collinite which is so easy too apply goes over the top.

Lots of shine but more importantly it lasts ages you won't go wrong with that combo.

Edited by theezenutz
  • Like 2

I'm using Carlack 68 and Collinite 476 combo and it works very well, the Carlack cleans and lays down a Sealant then the Collinite which is so easy too apply goes over the top.

Lots of shine but more importantly it lasts ages you won't go wrong with that combo.

Great combination - which i would highly recommend to anyone! 

Thanks for posting up  :thumbup:

• Like 1

I agree Steve

I like the Carllack 68 ..Its a great AIO cleaner polish + slight sealant...not far off the composition of AGSRP..but better IMO

Top it with Collinite and every couple of weeks a light spray with Sonax BSD and it will easily last the winter

The carlack 68-Collinite 476s was my first detailing purchase....spent a few quid since!!!!

My only issue with carlack 68 nsc is that it doesn't fill swirls. But it does give a great deep clean. Great base for a wax/sealant. It is always the prep for my winter wax (which is dodo juice Supernatural Hybrid, great on lighter cars.)

• Like 1

I was down at AB over the weekend on the B2B course, but was wearing my sensible pants so rather than splurge on hellshine I thought id wait for the thanksgiving sale (well its not December is it).  I did however pick up a sample pot of fk1000p so will have a game of eenie meenie with that, Jetseal or Britemax Extreme elements.

thanks for the advice though gents, much appreciated.