Autobrite Detail Xmas Sale

KBPhoto

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the waxes in the sale? A cce wax and a two colour charged versions.

CCE wax has only just been brought out for the sale, so no reviews yet. I have used one of the ruby colour charged waxes, was ok, nothing special.

• Like 1

My order didn't arrive until this afternoon just as I finished cleaning the old gall. I decided to try out the goodies to see how they performed.

I used the crystal glass cleaner to clean the windscreen which is a lot like anglewax's and followed up trying their repell which is no longer in the sale. It's a clear liquid you spray on, wipe with a mf cloth after a minute the leave to haze before using the crystal cleaner again with an mf cloth. It seemed to work so I'll be interested to see how well it clears the water at the weekend and if it smears when I use the wipers.

As time was marching on I decided to try the abyss on just the bonnet. After using Ferecla paint restorer with my megs DA I tried their wax off diluted 1:4 as per the bottle instructions and it left the paint nice an clean.

I applied the abyss (paste) with a yellow applicator, but in retrospect think this was may be too soft as initially the abyss dragged across the paint and didn't go on evenly. Going over it again without putting any more on it spread evenly it was if it was as if the more I worked it the better it spread. After the 10 minutes I buffed it off, but it took a couple of goes with separate mf polishing cloths to get a nice finish. Initial impressions are that the reflection is much deeper and clearer than the authentic I have on top of jetseal 109 on the rest of the car, so it this is confirmed in other light I guess the rest will get done too.

Any comments on my abyss application technique from those that have used it would be welcome. I'm thinking along the lines of trying a red applicator next time?

Cheers

Ade

You probably put too much on

Curing time at this time of year will be a little longer too Ade...Try 15 minutes

Thanks Chris,

I thought that might be the reason, probably due to the yellow foam applicators I've being too soft for the abyss so I'll try a red one next time. Does anyone make sure the abyss is up to normal room temperature before using it too?

Ade

I havent been especially sensitive to the temperature at this time of year at all...except curing times

BUT be careful in the summer..Its goes liquid in consistency..I now keep mine in the Man Fridge in the Garage during the summer

I havent been especially sensitive to the temperature at this time of year at all...except curing times

BUT be careful in the summer..Its goes liquid in consistency..I now keep mine in the Man Fridge in the Garage during the summer

I think both me and Carl (Dinski) found the spray perhaps a bit easier to work with than the paste.

Yes..I have too

I thought I had seen you have both.  Which one do you tend to reach for on a detail?

btw on the post above, I find wax off is a very good product.  I have some in my purchases.

I would agree maybe a bit of over application there.

Every time I have used abyss I have given it the full version 10 mins cure time and found it was perfect, I have to admit I've never experienced any grabbyness with either product. It does sound a little like your paint work wasn't prepped correctly, if I had to choose between the paste and liquid abyss I would probably go wax as I still really enjoy the feeling of waxing a car.

I've used the thin yellow foam applicators myself with abyss and didn't have any problem, but using th red ones was much much easier, I found the it glided across the paint work with this.

No doubt liquid abyss is easier to work with but paste is more fun imo.

I can't believe it hasn't sold out as yet.

I think I'm done with the sales now. Nothing else I now need or want. I would like to try some other hellshine bits but they would only be replacing products I have in abundance.

Anyone fancy going halves on my Berry Detailer and Fab 5 litres. They are going to last me a very very long time.

You'd need something to decant into.

I've just bought 5l of fab mark.

I use it in my carpet extraction machine. It's the mutz

Just a quick update mark, both fab an berry blast are no longer in the sale section. And paste version of abyss sold out.

Just a quick update mark, both fab an berry blast are no longer in the sale section. And paste version of abyss sold out.

Thanks Carl, they are stripping out the sales products now yeah,

I already have a couple of orders bought and paid for inc the stuff you mentioned has now gone.

When it all closes I will ask for my postage quote and join the delivery lottery. :D

Tempted for the berry blast split. Would you want straight up cash or swaps?

Probably prefer someone to go halfers on the cost

It may only really suit someone local as it is totally pointless to get into discussions about long drives or postage.