Autobrite Detail Xmas Sale

KBPhoto

It isnt far Mark

3 miles in fact.....in the direction of Guiseley/Menston

Oh I know Chris, I wasn't saying that.  Just joking that you can't claim it's Leeds when you have a BD postcode ;)

My missus hates telling people that we live in 'Alifax!  But she's a snob :D

If you decide to buy some FAB you would be best to get it from I shine now as it will work out cheaper now it's not in the sale.

Will look into it. Thanks

I've been using Tardis and Eraser very effectively as a product remover

I'll try the wax off too I think. See how it compares

Cheers

I would agree maybe a bit of over application there.

Every time I have used abyss I have given it the full version 10 mins cure time and found it was perfect, I have to admit I've never experienced any grabbyness with either product. It does sound a little like your paint work wasn't prepped correctly, if I had to choose between the paste and liquid abyss I would probably go wax as I still really enjoy the feeling of waxing a car.

I've used the thin yellow foam applicators myself with abyss and didn't have any problem, but using th red ones was much much easier, I found the it glided across the paint work with this.

No doubt liquid abyss is easier to work with but paste is more fun imo.

I can't believe it hasn't sold out as yet.

I think I'm done with the sales now. Nothing else I now need or want. I would like to try some other hellshine bits but they would only be replacing products I have in abundance.

I'd be interested in what you think Chris. I agree it was over application Dinski, just not sure why it wouldn't spread as easily or thinly as the hard waxes I've used in tbe past at this stage. I thought I'd prepped it well so it'll be interesting to see how things go when I try a different applicator. Cheers for taking the time to reply.

CarChem doing a similar 12days of Xmas, a theme for each day I think, will post details once I'm on laptop.

Sale offers and GB will end when it starts though so if you were thinking of getting something from them, you might want to get it ordered.

I'd be interested in what you think Chris. I agree it was over application Dinski, just not sure why it wouldn't spread as easily or thinly as the hard waxes I've used in tbe past at this stage. I thought I'd prepped it well so it'll be interesting to see how things go when I try a different applicator. Cheers for taking the time to reply.

Yeah let us know how you get on, I'm sure it will be easier with the better applicator, I hope you get the results you set out too

Received the email below today;

ALL GROUP-BUYS, OFFER,SALES AND DISCOUNTS COME TO AN END.
Customer Notice: We will be removing all sale, group buys, discounts and promotions from the CarChem website during December to make way for our first ever 12 days of Christmas Sale.
End Date 28/11/2014

From the 1st of December 2014 you will be able to purchase selected items at a reduced Christmas sale price. Each day of the 12 days will be car care themed as seen below. All Products will be 250ml or 500ml sizes where applicable.

Day1. Interior Car Care
Day2. Pre Wash Cleaning
Day3. Wheel Care
Day4. Massive Suds Sale
Day5. Tools of the Trade
Day6. Glass Care
Day7. Wax Mania
Day8. Chem Coat Range
Day9. Sealant Time
Day10. Tailor Made
Day11. Fabric and Leather Care
Day12. Did we miss anything! (various products)

A Quick Reminder Of Whats Happening in December!.

1st of December 2014 10am - will see CarChem's First 12 days of Christmas sale. There are a few things you will need to know >> With your first order please check-out as normal including the postage of £4.99, for all following orders please use the option "12 Days of Christmas Customers ONLY" when checking out as this will remove any postage costs, if this is your first order please use the postage of £4.99. All 12DOC purchases will be dispatched together on or after the 15/12/2014. Items within the section will be added or removed on a daily basis. Some items maybe limited stock.

FREE November & December BONUS.
Spend £10 or over in November & December and you will receive and FREE bottle of Anti Fog or Screen Wash, Spend £15 or over and get both absolutely FREE. (no codes needed, we will include the item/s when shipping)

SCREEN WASH AND ANTI FOG SAVE £10
Save £10 on this bumper pack of Screen Wash and Anti Fog. NOW £4.99
Our Screen Wash is a highly concentrated cleaner additive for the windscreen washer units, removes dazzling and greasy film in seconds, removes insects, oil, silicone and hazardous blinding film, smear-free vision and smoother wiper action. Our Anti Fog is specifically designed to eliminate interior condensation, fogging and steaming, caused by wet weather, high humidity & temperature changes.

• Like 3

So after spending a Bob or two in the AB sale I'm now planning how I use all the products I've bought.

Here's what I've splashed out on:

Cherry glaze

abyss spray

wax off

Cherry wheel cleaner

gauntlet wash mitt

Baneblade shampoo

If I'm to do a full detail from start to finish is the following routine correct:

Snowfoam and rinse

wash using TBM

Wax off (how is this applied?)

tardis

AB purple rain

rinse

clay mitt

wash rinse and dry

AG SRP

Cherry glaze

abyss

sonax bsd

a few questions:

Do I need both SRP and cherry glaze?

am I missing anything or is anything in the wrong order?

Will I need sonax bsd straight away on top of the abyss or not until a couple of weeks down the line?

Thanks in advance fellas!

If you have random deep scratches (rds) or fine scratches (cob web effect when viewed in the light); I would be tempted to replace the AGSRP with a dedicated polish to make the paint work the best it can be before applying any protective products.

Also I wash before claying as this will extend the life of the clay. In your case the mitt. Once you've gone over it with the mitt just give it a good rinse. (Another wash wouldn't hurt it).

When does the sale end?

I've been good and not spent too much so far.

So far....

Cherry Glaze £6

Wash pad. £13.5

Purple Rain x x2 £10

Jaffa Clean £5

Clay £9

Total £43.50 I think!

Worth a drive down to collect just for the hell of it.

couple of Nilfisk + Lance + Magifoam deals added today (or at least i didnt notice them yesterday)

They'd been promising that since before they started. See the first post in this thread.

They've saved the biggest deal until last by the looks of it.

They'd been promising that since before they started. See the first post in this thread.

Not sure how much of a good deal this is.....

Nilfisk C110 is £45 in places, the lance is £30 in the sale which leaves you with £40 for foam?

yeah, i saw the first post, was just in response to the chap who hadnt seen todays deal.

not sure its that good a deal either, the c110 can be had for £45 and the magi group buy come in at £60 or so anyway.

I'm little bit gutted they never offered the chasm in the sale, that was the only other item I'd been holding out for.

Mind you I think I spent around £160 ish in the sale so that's more than enough.

• Like 1