Maxidot

womble83

Good Evening everyone,

I have had my 2011 monte a month now and would like the maxidot display can it be fitted as an aftermarket upgrade? I suspect it will be a huge cost upgrade from the dealer?

Thanks in advance

Kelvin

It can.

A guy on here called Eddie-NL has done them for people with very good results.

The only tricky bit is finding dash to buy to start with.

Not sure of the procedure to remove the instrument cluster on a Fabia but on an Octavia it's basically just clipped in and two screws.

Very quick and limited risk of squeaks.

Phil

• Like 2

You will have no rattles - The plastic surround in front of the tacho is held by metal clips and the tacho itself is held by 3 screws so there is nothing that will rattle after putting everything back together.

I upgraded mine from the plain to a maxidot and I never looked back. As the guys said finding the dash will be most of the work and of course you will need someone to tinker with it so it shows the correct mileage and make it work with your keys/immobilizer.

You will have no rattles - The plastic surround in front of the tacho is held by metal clips and the tacho itself is held by 3 screws so there is nothing that will rattle after putting everything back together.

I upgraded mine from the plain to a maxidot and I never looked back. As the guys said finding the dash will be most of the work and of course you will need someone to tinker with it so it shows the correct mileage and make it work with your keys/immobilizer.

Correct mileage? *cough cough

• Like 1