Electric Windows button.. automatic or not?

Here's my jelopi

2465D3B2-9A9F-4D52-A86D-164567354B6F.jpg

Pulled switch off to see if there was maybe wires that you could connect up another switch with 4 buttons but nothing.

The lack of one touch windows does my head in, come on, it's 2014, ok my car is 2012 but I've got a golf GT TDI 02 plate and that's got one touch windows! Stupid idiots

G

Same thing for me, electric windows on the back as well, but only control for front windows on the drivers door.

I had the dealer have a look and he told me to replace the 2 button control to a 4 button control could be done, but then they would need to pull wires through the whole car to connect the rear doors and he wasn't sure if the ECU supports it. Now, on the newer versions you get a 4 button switch on the drivers door. I can't believe they were so cheap, I paid extra to have electric windows in the rear doors and they can't fit 4 switches on the front. :dull:

I hand painted mine with hammerite. (I think red and black were the only colours)

Mine was Hammerite too, they did do gold, circa 1983

I've got some nice smooth copper colour to do my calipers on my other car, not sure whether it will look naff though.

• Like 1

Seems like the initial 2012 spec on both Rapedo varieties was pretty sparse.  What with the widely reported ride / steering issues as well, new buyers must look for 2014 specs at least.

I was also wondering how the OP was finding the RapSport after a Fab VRS...

Is the Rapid:

a.   Not so rapid

b.   Not at all rapid

c.   If it isn't a. or b. are you caning it? and therefore are you getting the economy gains you hoped for?

Edited by camelspyyder

Seems like the initial 2012 spec on both Rapedo varieties was pretty sparse.  What with the widely reported ride / steering issues as well, new buyers must look for 2014 specs at least.

I was also wondering how the OP was finding the RapSport after a Fab VRS...

Is the Rapid:

a.   Not so rapid

b.   Not at all rapid

c.   If it isn't a. or b. are you caning it? and therefore are you getting the economy gains you hoped for?

Compared to the VRS the Rapid is obviously going to be quite different. I do miss the "putting my foot down" and flying away whilst letting the DSG box do it's thing. Though, it's quite surprising how nippy the Rapid is. 

I've got the 1.2 105 and having previously owning a 1.6 105 tdi fabia monte carlo, i can actually almost compare the petrol engine to the diesel engine speed and torque wise.

economy, i guess it's a little too early to say. i've only done 200 miles and things have got to wear in a little before i get some true economy readings, however i'm getting about 40mpg on my drive in and out of Nottingham city centre each day in rush-hour traffic.  the VRS was about 30mpg. I have had to adapt my driving style to a much smoother pace though. It was too easy to kick down on the VRS and have some fun. 

But the best thing is that my VRS ran exclusively on 99ron fuel (seriously... skoda even said in their manual/fuel cap it had to be 98ron or higher) where as the Rapid is good with the cheaper 95ron fuel, so i'm saving money there. 

Edited by hoppipolla

economy, i guess it's a little too early to say. i've only done 200 miles and things have got to wear in a little before i get some true economy readings, however i'm getting about 40mpg on my drive in and out of Nottingham city centre each day in rush-hour traffic.  the VRS was about 30mpg. I have had to adapt my driving style to a much smoother pace though. It was too easy to kick down on the VRS and have some fun. 

But the best thing is that my VRS ran exclusively on 99ron fuel where as the Rapid is good with the cheaper 95ron fuel, so i'm saving money there. 

we've done some mpg threads on these - brand new 40ish soon loosens up towards 50ish with a light foot on the go pedal, the steady speed commuters on narrower tyres than a sport are at 55mpg!!

• Like 1

Compared to the VRS the Rapid is obviously going to be quite different. I do miss the "putting my foot down" and flying away whilst letting the DSG box do it's thing. Though, it's quite surprising how nippy the Rapid is. 

I've got the 1.2 105 and having previously owning a 1.6 105 tdi fabia monte carlo, i can actually almost compare the petrol engine to the diesel engine speed and torque wise.

But the best thing is that my VRS ran exclusively on 99ron fuel (seriously... skoda even said in their manual/fuel cap it had to be 98ron or higher) where as the Rapid is good with the cheaper 95ron fuel, so i'm saving money there. 

I have the 1.4 TSI DSG and it is fun when floored and as you say does its DSG thing ;<)

I've got the 1.2 105 and having previously owning a 1.6 105 tdi fabia monte carlo, i can actually almost compare the petrol engine to the diesel engine speed and torque

Going off topic a bit here, but have to admit I'm pretty gobsmacked by just how good the 4 pot 1.2 TSi 105 engine is. The trade in on my Spaceback was my 2011 MKII Octy FL 1.6 MPi 102, and while I know the MPi (or SDi in VW form) was an old original Skoda engine that was tweaked by VW in the early years, it was still a 1.6, however, it was absolutely gutless compared to my Spaceback!

It's a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing in my opinion as it ticks over like a moped, but put some weight on the accelerator pedal and once it's past 1500 rpm and the turbo starts to wake up, it goes like s:-)t off a brass shovel, and it's got a superb growl (either that or someone's nicked the cat box off the exhaust) and actually sounds better than my new vRS TDi which just sounds like... errr... a diesel!

Going off topic a bit here, but have to admit I'm pretty gobsmacked by just how good the 4 pot 1.2 TSi 105 engine is. The trade in on my Spaceback was my 2011 MKII Octy FL 1.6 MPi 102, and while I know the MPi (or SDi in VW form) was an old original Skoda engine that was tweaked by VW in the early years, it was still a 1.6, however, it was absolutely gutless compared to my Spaceback!

It's a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing in my opinion as it ticks over like a moped, but put some weight on the accelerator pedal and once it's past 1500 rpm and the turbo starts to wake up, it goes like s:-)t off a brass shovel, and it's got a superb growl (either that or someone's nicked the cat box off the exhaust) and actually sounds better than my new vRS TDi which just sounds like... errr... a diesel!

It's certainly way too quick for Jersey :D

On other Brisky threads over the years, the standard TSI105 has been found to dyno at quite a lot more (115-120) so it certainly seems lively to me - since my last 1200 was a fiat with 60bhp new and rather less in later life.

Edited by camelspyyder