MFD and other issues

Hi all, I got my Rapid 1.2 sport a couple of months ago have a couple of issues I hope some on here might be able to help with.

Firstly the average fuel consumption on the MFD, keeps resetting itself every time I take the key out, now this is not a major problem however I find it really annoying and it didn't use to happen.

Secondly I have a wet patch in the driver's footwell, I wouldn't have noticed this but it has now soaked through the floor mat so is now noticeable.

Lastly every time I open the window when I close it it is smeared with water even when it is bone dry outside, I'm slightly concerned after hearing stories about water collecting in the doors and hope it has nothing to do with this.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

• Like 1

Martin look here for discussion about water in doors and what to do

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/276763-water-collecting-in-rear-doors/

The average fuel consumption #1 resets 2 hours after switching off

The average fuel consumption #2 doesn't reset

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

Martin look here for discussion about water in doors and what to do

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/276763-water-collecting-in-rear-doors/

The average fuel consumption #1 resets 2 hours after switching off

The average fuel consumption #2 doesn't reset

So do you think I might be getting water in the doors as I can't tell other than the Windows smearing?

#1 fuel consumption just shows numbers that are constantly changing any totally unrealistic.

#2 fuel consumption used to work fine, now resets itself every time I switch off the ignition

• Like 1

My drivers window smears too, I haven't yet got under the door to see if its retaining water at the seal - too much wax blocks the exit I believe.

OK now you mention it there are 3 fuel consumption meters.

The one you describe as #1 is the right now consumption - I agree useless - changes every 2 seconds.

The one you describe as #2 is the trip fuel consumption - which has 2 settings  i.e. what I called #1 and #2 - #1 is this journey #2 is running average

you can display either of them and  you can reset #1 this journey or #2 running average independently.

I believe you used to have the running average displayed, but have changed it (through an unknowing button press) to this journey. 

If the car is not restarted inside 2 hours the this journey counter zeroes.

the button to switch between them is on the MFSW or on the end of a stalk depending on fit.

Edited by camelspyyder

quote from another thread

Hi RapidRonnie, I just signed up so I could reply to you. We've a 6 month old Rapid Elegance. Only owned it a week and it's been back to the dealer this morning for the same reason, except ours was the nearside rear door. 

Service guy emptied out 6 litres of water. He thinks it's to do with the high density grease the factory lines all the doors with. Get back to your dealer and get them to sort it out. 

All the best... 

with that amount of water it wouldn't be a surprise if some got in and made the carpet soggy
Edited by camelspyyder