Additional rearview mirror inside

so the code is the one for that horrendously expensive bulgarian version..not so expensive afterall.
A photo of the attached mirror would be useful. The way it's designed it will fit nicely in a Superb (see photo here), but I wonder if the mirror base in the octy mk3 isn't too wide for this to fit around?

so the code is the one for that horrendously expensive bulgarian version..not so expensive afterall.

A photo of the attached mirror would be useful. The way it's designed it will fit nicely in a Superb (see photo here), but I wonder if the mirror base in the octy mk3 isn't too wide for this to fit around?

It should fit even on the Octy 3, thanks for linking the pic!

I think I will go for it - will post photo if I have it.

I can take pictures of it once mounted, only i don't have the car yet... Haha!

From what i can see, The sticky bits sit above the existing rvm, which i think is part of the light assembly... I'll see what the destruction manual says about fitting when I get home later...

"destruction manual" - hahahahah love it.

any luck finding a diagram or something? based on Tomlux's post I think this is working for us, but better safe than sorry!

Yeah, the manual is a bit vague really as it's written to be fitted to various different models. The photo shown in the superb is the window mounting options. Others invove sticking it to the lining above the rvm. Until i get my vrs, (still a month or so away) i can't show it fitted. If, however, anyone is near SK12 and fancies popping by to see how it might fit, I'm happy to oblige.

Others invove sticking it to the lining above the rvm. Until i get my vrs, (still a month or so away) i can't show it fitted.

I'll have mine in a weeks time. I will take a few pics of the area where it should go. tbh I don't like the idea of sticking it to anything other than glass. It will just be messy.

Just bought one of these (£18.50 direct from local dealer) and can't find anyway to fit it above the mirror as shown on the Superb in one of the links above. However, it does wedge quite comfortably between the rearview mirror and the roof lining as shown in the attached pic. This is in an Elegance so not sure if there might be more room available in an S/SE spec car to allow it to be fitted properly.

Additional rearview mirror

Just bought one of these (£18.50 direct from local dealer) and can't find anyway to fit it above the mirror as shown on the Superb in one of the links above. However, it does wedge quite comfortably between the rearview mirror and the roof lining as shown in the attached pic. This is in an Elegance so not sure if there might be more room available in an S/SE spec car to allow it to be fitted properly.

Looks great really! Thanks so much for posting it. Mine is an Elegance too so this is exactly what I was looking for. You're right, the pics of the superb (which are exactly those that were in the catalogs back at the time) are with a different setup, the child mirror is attached to the light unit - which makes it a lot closer to you if you think about it. I like this solution much better. Will order ASAP :)

However, it does wedge quite comfortably between the rearview mirror and the roof lining as shown in the attached pic.

You still glued it to the windshield, not the interior, right?

Since I now finally have my car, I took a picture of the area between the roof and the rearview mirror.

I have the VRS with intelligent light assist camera, but not the traffic sign recognition or lane assist one, not sure if that changes anything. If yours the same then I'll have to check with my dealer what mirror he has offered me (see post 7)

post-119647-0-85110200-1424356504_thumb.jpg

You still glued it to the windshield, not the interior, right?

Not enough room to actually attach it to anything so it is just wedged in place. It does seem quite secure though and offers a good view of the back seats.

Not enough room to actually attach it to anything so it is just wedged in place. It does seem quite secure though and offers a good view of the back seats.

cheers. I'll speak to my dealer and see how we would fix the other mirror. I don't like wedgies ;-)

Looking at that picture, id say that the skoda one would fit the same as in the superb... I. E. Stuck to the screen not the plastic of the lining

Don't know what spec car you have but on mine (Elegance) there is no space to attach this to the screen behind the mirror and attaching to the roof would end up obscuring the mirror.

I was looking at the picture that tomlux posted, his is a vrs spec i believe

Assuming that has the lane-assist camera and such like I'd imagine that would suffer from a similar lack of room.

The wedge-solution certainly isn't ideal but at least there's the benefit of there being no issues when it comes to removal.

What are the dimensions of the mirror? They way my rearview mirror is positioned I have about 2 cm between the top of the mirror and the bottom of the roof lining, in case it were glued to the windshield. If it's attached to the light fixture it can't be much larger either since it will protrude into the viewing field of the actual rearview mirror. While it's nice to see what the kids are up to, It's more important to have a full view of the traffic at the back.

What are the dimensions of the mirror? They way my rearview mirror is positioned I have about 2 cm between the top of the mirror and the bottom of the roof lining, in case it were glued to the windshield. If it's attached to the light fixture it can't be much larger either since it will protrude into the viewing field of the actual rearview mirror. While it's nice to see what the kids are up to, It's more important to have a full view of the traffic at the back.

The mirror is approximately 16x3cm. I've tried every way I can think of to position it so it is physically attached but there is either not enough space (attaching to the screen) or it obscures the rear-view mirror (on the roof lining).

Edited by luckyeddie

I still have the part from the breaker in Poland... assuming the mirror itself has same dimensions, only it has "legs", I can try to see how to potentially fit it and post a pic.

luckyeddie - would it be too much to ask for exact dimensions please? including the length of the leg, size of gap between the two legs, etc?

Despite further attempts I still can't find any suitable way to permanently attach this so I shall wait for someone else to give it a go! In the meantime, the temporary 'wedge' solution seemed perfectly okay for its first long journey.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Could someone owning this mirror please tell me if the mirror itself is being protected by a foil or something when you buy this? Is the mirror made of glass, or plastic?

Thank you!!

Edited by paulus474

Bought mine from SUPERSKODA.COM.

It came in it's OEM packaging well protected and with mounting inductions. The mirror is not glass but some kind of chromed plastic. The reflection is not as sharp as a glass rear view mirror but it's enough to check that the kids on the backseat are still there :-)

It's a bit tricky to fit it in that tight space between the windscreen and rear view mirror but I did it with my 2 left hands so i guess anyone can ;-)