vRS Spoiler Paint blistering!

Guest Cossiecol

Guest Cossiecol

So Skoda have confirmed that to POSSIBLY get a nearer date for the repair I would need to go to a different garage and start the whole process all over again. So it looks like it will be 6 months from date of logging the fault to getting it repaired :(

Apparently I'll be getting a good will gesture after the repairs are all done. If it turns out it's a free wash they have another think comming if they expect me to let them attack the car with a grit filled halfrauds sponge they can go and do one!

So Skoda have confirmed that to POSSIBLY get a nearer date for the repair I would need to go to a different garage and start the whole process all over again. So it looks like it will be 6 months from date of logging the fault to getting it repaired :(

Apparently I'll be getting a good will gesture after the repairs are all done. If it turns out it's a free wash they have another think comming if they expect me to let them attack the car with a grit filled halfrauds sponge they can go and do one!

"But the grit is to cleanse the pores of the paint..!"  :dull: I hope they'll follow through with their promise of a good will gesture. You've put your hard earned money down on a car that's meant to be A1 - They better appreciate that..!

Guest Cossiecol

To be fair to Skoda UK, their goodwill gestures are normally quite good.

Lol as long as it's not a wash then I'll be happy, even though that's not the point. Unfortunately there's a bit of a wait to find out though.

I don't understand about starting the process all over again. I initially raised the issue with my dealer who took the photographs and then dealt with Skoda UK to get them to approve the warrenty and then it was sent to another dealership to get the work done as mine didn't have a bodywork department. The other dealership then dealt with me directly to arrange it coming in etc. Surely if mine can send it anywhere to get done then yours should do aswell? Sounds like a bit of a fob off.

Agree about the Skoda UK goodwill gestures being good. They made my garage pay for a full tank of fuel (£60ish) and also refund me around £120 for something they didn't fit correctly. They were obviously made to fit the part correctly aswell.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

• 2 weeks later...

Had my Vrs at arnold clark, linwood, Paisley on Monday 16/2/15 to rectify rear spoiler paintwork blistering. Washed and chamois my car. Before handing into the garage. Got a skoda Fabia as a curtesy car which sounded as if the brakes were about down to the metal and not hoovered out prior to giving it too me and a lovely hair stuck on the gearstick. Got my beloved car back on Friday 20/2/15, late on in the day and car was wet due to rain prior to picking it up. Did a once over and everything looked ok however today I washed and dried the car and found a slight scuff/ minor scratch to my front bumper and also found 2 very minute small paint chips at both end of spoiler and also a few bubbles underneath the spoiler that look like the paint applied did not cure properly. I am afraid arnold clark have fallen way short in my estimations of customer excellence and will be taking car back on Monday morning to get things sorted out correctly. BEWARE USING THIS GARAGE TO GET YOUR CARS FIXED.

http://www.vwgroup-paintandbody.co.uk/googleCentreLocator.asp?regionid=1

That's a list of vw approved bodyshops in Scotland

The guy I've been using to do various repairs and upgrades for the last twenty years is on that list, Steve Walkers Bodyshop in Bathgate.

Perhaps it is worth asking your dealer if you can take it to Steve to have the repair done, then the dealer/Skoda pays Steve directly?

I would say if you want it done perfectly, and reasonably quickly, take it to Steve Walker.

• Like 1

Guest Cossiecol

Had my Vrs at arnold clark, linwood, Paisley on Monday 16/2/15 to rectify rear spoiler paintwork blistering. Washed and chamois my car. Before handing into the garage. Got a skoda Fabia as a curtesy car which sounded as if the brakes were about down to the metal and not hoovered out prior to giving it too me and a lovely hair stuck on the gearstick. Got my beloved car back on Friday 20/2/15, late on in the day and car was wet due to rain prior to picking it up. Did a once over and everything looked ok however today I washed and dried the car and found a slight scuff/ minor scratch to my front bumper and also found 2 very minute small paint chips at both end of spoiler and also a few bubbles underneath the spoiler that look like the paint applied did not cure properly. I am afraid arnold clark have fallen way short in my estimations of customer excellence and will be taking car back on Monday morning to get things sorted out correctly. BEWARE USING THIS GARAGE TO GET YOUR CARS FIXED.

This is exactly where mine is getting sorted :s might look into a different one!

• 2 weeks later...

Went back to arnold clark at linwood skoda to tell them my woes about the quality repair of spoiler and scuff/scratch to front bumper. Was told to go to the arnold clark body shop in glasgow to take the issues up with them. Went to the bodyshop who agreed spoiler repair was not up to standard and they removed the spoiler from vehicle to arrange another repair so as I could have use of vehicle. Also said scuff/scratch wasn't done by them however they would try and polish it out??

Phone call a few days later to say second repair was again not acceptable and that a new spoiler has been ordered and will take 3 days to arrive. Guess what, another phone call on fourth day to say spoiler hadn't arrived and that parts person was now chasing this up and will get a phone back when arrived. Lodged complaint with arnold Clark customer services and also awaiting reply from them which is now a day overdue. Fantastic customer service not!

Guest Cossiecol

The car's going in for its 30k service and to get the front foglight replaced (warranty, as it's leaking!) and seat belt over replaced (warranty, as it's rattling) so after that I may look to change, just don't know if I can be bothered going through the whole procedure again i.e. waiting on skoda saying it's OK to repair. As despite it being marked for replacement just now they (Skoda) advised I may have to have it inspected again....lost the will at that point!

Guest Cossiecol

Went back to arnold clark at linwood skoda to tell them my woes about the quality repair of spoiler and scuff/scratch to front bumper. Was told to go to the arnold clark body shop in glasgow to take the issues up with them. Went to the bodyshop who agreed spoiler repair was not up to standard and they removed the spoiler from vehicle to arrange another repair so as I could have use of vehicle. Also said scuff/scratch wasn't done by them however they would try and polish it out??

Phone call a few days later to say second repair was again not acceptable and that a new spoiler has been ordered and will take 3 days to arrive. Guess what, another phone call on fourth day to say spoiler hadn't arrived and that parts person was now chasing this up and will get a phone back when arrived. Lodged complaint with arnold Clark customer services and also awaiting reply from them which is now a day overdue. Fantastic customer service not!

Yeah really not up to standard!

• 1 month later...

Well I though my problems with the spoiler issue were at an end when arnold clark eventually got me a new spoiler and painted same. Spoiler was 99.9% perfect with one small exception, a tiny almost unnoticable hard paint bubble where the spoiler attaches to the bodywork. 3 weeks later this small bubble has got bigger. Car going in tomorrow to get scratch to front bumper fixed so have emailed arnold Clark bodyshop with the spoiler issue once more, it seems never ending. I think the cause is not the material being sprayed it's the quality of paint/ painter that's doing the work.

Guest Cossiecol

hmm, I'm phoning the garage tomorrow to see about moving my booking to Perth as I'm not impressed with the quality at Linwood. I've been waiting this long so a few more weeks is not going to make a massive difference.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cossiecol

Turns out I couldn't move the appointment as it would have to be Linwood or Edinburgh for the replacement and if it's Edinburgh I would need to take the car to the bodyshop. So going to take my chances (although I'm not happy about it) with Linwood :(

Turns out I couldn't move the appointment as it would have to be Linwood or Edinburgh for the replacement and if it's Edinburgh I would need to take the car to the bodyshop. So going to take my chances (although I'm not happy about it) with Linwood :(

Thats ridiculous, skoda have authorised the repair, so skoda themselves should have been able to transfer it to another VW approved bodyshop. When my first MK2 vrs had an issue with the bootlid cracking I was asked what bodyshop I wanted my car to go into. My choice was Mitchell inglis or Glasgow audi. Best advice I can give is to use another dealer as AC Linwood are hopeless and now they have a few skoda franchises AC will destroy any good customer service that skoda had built up

Guest Cossiecol

Yup that's what I thought! Still can't quite understand why is also has to take 3 days to a week, they have the spoiler now so surely all they would have to do is give the spoiler to the body shop to paint (correctly) and it's simply a case of fitting it.

I feel sorry for the courtesy car (Rapid) I'm getting.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Cossiecol

Good luck

Turns out I need some good luck, left the house at 06:30 to make it to the garage in good time, 1hr 40mins later I find that my claim "has apparently been closed"!

UPDATE..Aparently it was marked as closed as Skoda has billed the work. Might suggest they reword it, still suspicious as they couldn't find me on the system. However the car is now in and have a superb to run around in :)

Guest Cossiecol

The only time it would be closed is if AC has billed the work and that you have signed the paperwork

That's what I thought too, when I speak to Skoda after its fixed (assuming it's fixed to my standards) we'll see what they have to say.

When you get your car back I would advise you check every inch of the spoiler especially where it attaches onto the bodywork. If you have any imperfections or even a tiny bump at this junction I will guarantee you it will form a small bubble and get bigger when it rains through time. I am taking mine back to AC at Linwood to see warranty guy regarding spoiler repair after the 4th attempt as the spoiler has again developed a small bubble. I wonder if it will ever be fixed correctly?