'GALA' problem on Symphony head unit

Bit of an obscure one this but...

I can't save the 'GALA' setting on my Octavia Symphony Head unit. This is the thing that adjusts the volume based on the vehicle speed. All other settings on the head unit save ok, but GALA always returns to '5' when I turn the HU off and on again. The GALA function works fine on the whole, but I want to set it permanently to '9', for maximum effect.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

The annoying thing is that I just bought the Head Unit, off a chap in Germany through ebay. My existing head unit (on an '02 Octavia) was able to save the Gala setting, but wouldn't work with the Sony mp3/cd changer that I had installed. The HU that's in there now works fine with the mp3 changer, but won't save the Gala setting. The HU looked pretty new, but I guess could have been sitting in a factory for several years...

The car is out of warranty, so I suppose I just have to wait for someone to sell their Symphony, and check (before I buy it) that the Gala thing works. Or just live with it on setting #5...

Sorry to go a little off topic but..

My Symphony HU screws up GALA by changing the volume when you have the accellerator and clutch balanced - usually in slow crawling traffic. It hits a point, when lifting the clutch, where the volume keeps rising like it thinks you're going faster but you're actually crawling steady at 2mph.

I turn it into a game to make traffic jams go quicker.

Anyone else have this? or is it my HU going wrong?

After owning my 4x4 hatch for just over a year I just got round to reading the book for the Symphony head unit. Didn't even realise you could alter setup and was greatly amused about the GALA setting. Keen to try it out I set it on No 9 and hit the gas but I reached 75-80mph before the vol. increased, is this about right? also I seem to have same problem of it defaulting to No 5 so I'm also keen to hear of other peoples findings.

• 3 months later...
Bit of an obscure one this but...

I can't save the 'GALA' setting on my Octavia Symphony Head unit. This is the thing that adjusts the volume based on the vehicle speed. All other settings on the head unit save ok' date=' but GALA always returns to '5' when I turn the HU off and on again. The GALA function works fine on the whole, but I want to set it permanently to '9', for maximum effect.

Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?[/quote']

That's not the 'Gala' setting my friend (unless of course the Octavia Symphony HU is different to Fab, which I strongly doubt). There's another setting you can play with in the HU to set the volume of your HU upon re-starting your car... IIRC it is called 'On Volume'. You can basically set the level of the HU to any setting you want when you start your car, so that basically, you can have it blasting in your ears (don't want that at 8:30am do you? :D ) when you start your car, or like you already have it and like I have myself, start at low volume, ideally '5'.

The 'Gala' setting is completely something else, where basically the higher your setting, the faster the volume goes up when you floor your car and the faster your slow the car down, the faster the volume drops.