"Inspection now" reset

R1chard

• 5 months later...

I know where his is an old post, but it’s brilliant. I had an oil Change warning come up. I reset it by the first method which I got on U tube. However, three weeks later I got a message saying “Inspection due in 18 days”. This would not reset using the usual method. Stuck on the four way flashers first and Bob’s your uncle.....it worked! Thank you so much Tehany for this great tip! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Edited by bulleteer
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Outstanding! Service manager at Indy garage didn't have any idea how to do this.

Now can anyone help me with this...

How can I tell if the car thinks it's on a fixed or variable service programme?

Why would the Service Manager know, he is not a Mechanic or a Technician is he, but he should be the manager of those that should know, or made the effort to find out how to,

they do the job 5 1/2 days a week.

What did the car think it was on before going in for the service, was it counting to 9,400 miles to the service ,

what is it showing now.  372 days / 9,400 miles, or something else?

By service manager read senior mechanic - he's one and the same guy. Got the service warning reset ok but he was a bit stumped about the inspection warning. Either way - hazards on and now sorted!

I was/am on 'variable' but as I've averaged 18,000 between services, it'll be easy enough to reset after 9,400 then 'keep on trucking' until it warns me again.

Edited by Rab-k
  • Like 1

Cant imagine the Monte would be much different from the mk2 Vrs?

On mine its a simple case of holding down the button on the side of the right indicator stock and it brings up the settings menu in the MFD from there you scroll down the appropriate menu after that and use the button on the bottom of the same stalk to select the service menu.

• 1 month later...
On 29/11/2014 at 19:32, xman said:

Previously posted by Seboni elsewhere....

With the car off, press and HOLD the 0.00 button for the odometer reset
Continue Holding the 0.00 button and turn the ignition key to on. MFD reads "Service Now!". Keep holding the 0.00 button and then press the MINUTE button for the clock set. Let go of everything and you're done

Note: you can only reset the service display/stats this way if its actually showing a service is due...also resetting this way puts the indicator into fixed interval mode (9300 miles/365 days)

Sorry...didnt see previous post, as I was composing this reply at the time....

Brilliant many thanks as wasn’t reset after had service it’s just getting annoyance till I get oil done to be safe in few weeks but yr tip works great!

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/06/2015 at 11:35, tehany said:

As wacky is  it sounds - but it works! for inspection warning reset, do the following: activate the hazard warning lights, as it is on, press the 0.00 button, and turn the egnition on half turn. it will display the "are you sure message", and you should enter OK, and turn the egnition off and on again.

for oil warning, the same procedure without the hazard warning lights on.

Thank you x1000! ...my local dealer hadn't a clue how to reset the 'inspection now' message. They said they'd look into it - I'm still awaiting a reply. In future I'll refer them to this forum.

• 5 months later...

As wacky is  it sounds - but it works! for inspection warning reset, do the following: activate the hazard warning lights, as it is on, press the 0.00 button, and turn the egnition on half turn. it will display the "are you sure message", and you should enter OK, and turn the egnition off and on again.

Perfect. Thanks for this! Worked exactly as described for me last night.

2012 plate fabia greenline 2 with Maxidot.

• 2 weeks later...

Just done this as the other methods didn't work, thanks! 

• 8 months later...

well tried this  and it worked had to try a couple of times but yes it did work  did think it was taking the  pee when i first read this but i stand corrected  it worked on my mk2 fabia  so THANKS  for the info and thanks for sorting it out