Trico View Screen Rain repellent

devonutopia

I've used both Aquapel and GTechniq (G1 & G5)

All three are great products IMO - used the Aquapel first for many years (I used to source from the US). It's very easy to apply and has mega durability, despite my high mileage I used to regularly get upwards of 9 months out of it.

As other's have stated, G1 is tricky to apply but you also get the longer durability (compared to G5). The flipside is that G5 is easier to apply but doesn't last as long.

My G5 is coming to an end and the next application could be it's last - maybe I revert to Aquapel, but I do like the G5 tbh.

• Like 1

I've used both Aquapel and GTechniq (G1 & G5)

All three are great products IMO - used the Aquapel first for many years (I used to source from the US). It's very easy to apply and has mega durability, despite my high mileage I used to regularly get upwards of 9 months out of it.

As other's have stated, G1 is tricky to apply but you also get the longer durability (compared to G5). The flipside is that G5 is easier to apply but doesn't last as long.

My G5 is coming to an end and the next application could be it's last - maybe I revert to Aquapel, but I do like the G5 tbh.

Have to agree with you on this; tested a few alternatives this year - but G5 wins for me - so simple to apply and great results.

Working well on our cars at home.

In fact everytime i wash my car at Alan's (blueR36) - Alan comments on the superb glass protection/sheeting on my car   :thumbup:

My preference is ghost rider by AD hellshine range, it's not fussy at all and works better than G5 imo.

Water runs off easily at 30mph, beads amazingly well and lasts easy 4 months.

My preference is ghost rider by AD hellshine range, it's not fussy at all and works better than G5 imo.

How many applications do you think you can get from a bottle Carl?

An application being all glass on an Octavia ....for example

Well I've used it only twice and the bottle has hardly budged. Not sure I could say how many Chris but in terms of how long a bottle would last if say on your car around 4years maybe more lol. It's litterally 2 sprays for the windscreen and one for side windows.

Is the correct Answer :D

I swear by this stuff and I have had a good 5 months out of two layer application. Never a bother with wipers either.

No votes for Trico then?

I didnyt know it was Aqapel rebranded TBH

If you are driving this way Chris drop me a PM and I will decant a sample of Ghost Rider for you no bother.

I stocked up hard on sample bottles etc on my last order so loads of spares

No votes for Trico then?

I didnyt know it was Aqapel rebranded TBH

If Trico = Aquapel and Aquapel = Trico then yes it's a vote from me.

Just at the min, I'm stocked with G5.

If Trico = Aquapel and Aquapel = Trico then yes it's a vote from me.

Just at the min, I'm stocked with G5.

Likewise; just finishing a bottle of G5 after 2 years; plus got another bottle of G5 Dinski kindly gave me.

Also got some Glaco to use up as well; but i will monitor the feedback on Aquapel/Trico etc.

Likewise; just finishing a bottle of G5 after 2 years; plus got another bottle of G5 Dinski kindly gave me.

Also got some Glaco to use up as well; but i will monitor the feedback on Aquapel/Trico etc.

Glaco also gets my vote one of the easiest to apply ever with its roll on style pad, hazes well so it's easy to see where you have been and works a treat. Ghost rider still trumps this for me though, but glaco is recommended for ease of application if nothing else.

Glaco also gets my vote one of the easiest to apply ever with its roll on style pad, hazes well so it's easy to see where you have been and works a treat. Ghost rider still trumps this for me though, but glaco is recommended for ease of application if nothing else.

Absolutely agree - Glaco is a breeze to apply  :thumbup: