Lift Pump ?

So i can Hear my lift pump going when i turn ignition on,

But i have disconneted a hose off of fuel filter and no fuel is coming through when i turn ignition or even crank over.

Car obviously isnt starting just cranking over.

Just wondering if it could be anything other than Knackered lift pump as it is £300Inc VAT From TPS.  :thumbdown:  :dull:

So i can Hear my lift pump going when i turn ignition on,

But i have disconneted a hose off of fuel filter and no fuel is coming through when i turn ignition or even crank over.

Car obviously isnt starting just cranking over.

Just wondering if it could be anything other than Knackered lift pump as it is £300Inc VAT From TPS.  :thumbdown:  :dull:

Is there any chance that the reason could be that there is no fuel in the tank?

if you're not getting fuel from a direct feed pipe its either pump or relay if you can hear its priming it not relay maybe dodgy pump

That is What i was Dreading, Just thought i'd ask before i buy Seeing as its £300.

Ahhh The Joys Of Motoring!  :notme:

If you have VCDS:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Fuel_Pump_Basic_Settings_for_PD,_PPD,_and_CR_TDI_Engines

This will run the pump for you.

Edit: I think the 'turrety' thing is a thermostatic valve and that's the return line.

Edited by sepulchrave

The correct way to test the pump is to see if the delivery is about one litre a minute, as has been said you can run the pump with vcdsor connect a 12volt supply to it to test. If you have a multi meter that will read current it should take 5 to 6 amps.It is possible to tesr the speed of the pump with a occilloscope and current clamp, this should be about 4200 to 4400rpm.