Best Diagnostic tool?

I have had the T55 for years. It's a solid unit but very slow to scan and gives limited info that you then need to google.  It lists loads of addresses you can scan but a lot (most) are not supported on older cars.

I bought an OBDEleven and it is miles and miles better than the T55. Much quicker to use and gives more info on faults.  Highly recommed this over the T55. Get the Next Gen one as the earlier model fouls the shroud of the dashboard so it doesn't plug in right.

8 hours ago, StevesTruck said:

True, but it's very basic and doesn't always get on with talking to things. Don't get me wrong, on VAG, VCDS is great at what it does, but on anything else, it's not got a lot going for it over my £20 Aldi code reader. 

But that is exactly what it says it does, on other vehicles it is a generic OBDII fault code reader and reset (of non safety critical codes, airbag etc), nobody would expect it to interrogate and reprogram modules on other vehicles like it does on VAG, it will do exactly the same as your Aldi code reader, it does what it says on the tin.

You very much can use it when your mates Focus throws up a fault code.

On 04/12/2014 at 20:27, silverainbow said:

Hi guys, now I'm an ex Skoda Dealer employee I no longer have the luxury of using VAS and the disaster that was ODIS, I'm now looking for a diagnostic scanner that I can use with my Octavia II to help me with any issues that I might encounter over the next few years with out having to shell out for some one else's help.

I need it to read all the vehicles systems, so Engine, Abs, Airbag system and convenience etc, I haven't the budget to buy vagcom so that's out, have scanned the Internet and EBay and there's so many options!

So, Anyone got any experience with any VAG specific or all makes diagnostic equipment that can be bought for under £150.00, I would prefer if it covered all OBDII vehicles as I also have a Peugeot and my mum has a Vauxhall

Thanks in advance

As an ex Skoda employee perhaps you can tell me what do with the two tabs on the engine compartment fuse box to open it and wjat to do with a screwdriver in the slot to open the interior one?            Please.

Decided that OBD Eleven is the best option for me provided that it will show me the auto gearbox fluid temperature and suspension level sensors: if they are functioning. BUT, is the gearbox fluid temp. monitored to be available to the reader? AND are the suspension/level sensors outputs such that the signal is recognisable/readable by such an OBD?

• Like 1