Maxi dot dash problem

mickvrs

Hi every1 , I have a factory fitted sat nav which is connected to my maxi dot dash in my vrs, the problem is the top part of the dash where it would display my radio station is black, three quarters of the bottom half is fine, also when using sat nav it no longer displays th roads etc on the dash, if there's any1 out there that could help it would be much appricated, was working fing last nite, can I reset it,? Disconnect the battery or something worse, cheers mick

Hi Mick

If it's the same as the MK4 golfs you need to hold one of the buttons to go to the menu and select navigation.  Maybe try that.

Otherwise you might need the coding in the clocks checked to make sure the say nav is still activated.  Also check and make sure the sat nav loom is still plugged into the back of your head unit.

Post a picture of the screen as it is.

If you are getting nothing from the headunit on the dash, its possibly just a canbus connection issue to the dash cluster. Best bet is to get the instruments and headunit scanned with VCDS for faults, or you can put the MFD1 into diagnostics mode and it will tell you if it can see the cluster and the gateway.

The MFD1 is basically the same unit as the Audi RNS-D, so the hidden options menu maybe the same.

http://audisrs.com/archive/rns-d-hidden-options__o_t__t_43072.html

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rns-d-hidden-options.26678/

The one to look at is the communications screen.

Thanks for the replys, baz, mannyo and Sam, I just in the door there and seen your help, tomorrow I will get pics up, just earlier I needed fuel and when I started the car the whole LCD lit up telling me, please refuel, then the top third disappeared again, thanks for your help and I will get pic,s up as early as possible tomorrow, cheers guys n girls, mick

Edited by mickvrs