Accurate 0-100mph times required for Octavia VRS (Petrol and Diesel)

I absolutely love how Briskoda v quickly becomes a forum for offering OP's a judgement on their moral compass; those that are kicking it into Jase S I suggest they be a little more considerate and also were not there and do not know all the facts...me of course included.

I think we all need a reality check here.....the 70 limit in the UK is about as outdated as Tony Blair's rather untrustworthy smirk. Whilst we all know its illegal to travel over 70mph on a NSL carriage/motorway I would bet maybe at least 90% of us break that limit on a daily basis.

Christ if I did 70mph all the way to work on the motorway in the outside lane I'd put my house on it that Id get flashed/beeped/undertaken by all and sundry for not doing what it in reality the obligatory 80-90 outside lane speeds that most seem to mandate nowadays.....in fact you're being ignorant I think if you are not accepting of the fact thats the norm. Basically we all know speeding is wrong but most of us do it and take out chances...thats fact.

Jase admits hes in the wrong but disputes the evidence the Police have compiled. I respect the Police and they have a harder job than ever but this does reek to me of two trafffic officers who have made a judgement call to go to town on a guy with a flash car that happened to be enjoying it briefly in what were likely safe enough conditions. 100mph isnt shock and awe speed nowadays, particularly not in a car capable of nearly 200mph. Hes looking to stand and take his medicine but feels as though he is being done over hence why he has sought the advice of this (on the most part) friendly and helpful forum. I do respect the police but they arent always right so if the guy is being stand up about his situation then I respect what hes trying to achieve.

Can I suggest that we where possible offer useful advice/support and not be too judgemental....you never know one day you too might own a supercar and be in a similar predicament :-D

Edited by pipsyp
  • Like 3

This thread is quickly becoming full of heresay, urban myths and fiction.

With 12 years of traffic policing behind me, I suggest the OP seeks proper legal advice or pleads guilty at the earliest opportunity to minimise the punishment and ignore what the Internet 'experts' say.

Believe me, I was doing 77mph sir.

• 2 months later...

Pipsyp thank you for your post which was extremely well balanced, non-judgemental (unlike some of the posters on here) and summed up my position accurately.

I took a lot of advice from my network of friends before deciding to plead 'Not guilty' to the charges presented.  The law is such that you have to do so in order to ask for all of the evidence to be disclosed by the Police.  It was physically and mathematically impossible for the Police to have done what they reported and this was relayed to the CPS in my letter, which also requested a raft of additional information.  In the end I received a 'Notice of Discontinuance'.  The CPS had decided to drop the charge made against me because there was NOT enough evidence to provide a realistic prospect for conviction.

Had I been stopped by Traffic Police I am sure that I would have had a good talking to, but I don't believe that they would have attempted to fabricate any evidence.  Instead I was pulled over by an area response car, with two adrenalin fuelled and envious policemen on-board.  It was a complete abuse of process and they did everything possible to antagonise and intimidate me when first stopped.  Had they given me a fixed penalty notice I'd have probably paid up and gone about my daily business having contributed to the Government's coffers; however, instead they decided that they couldn't just let me go with no real evidence.  I remember their exact words clearly 'we have no idea that speed you actually got up to but we're going to do you for 100mph'.

As a result of this incident I have learned a lot about our legal process and how it is designed to get the average motorist to plead guilty at the earliest opportunity.  There is also a load of prejudice against the Porsche marque and I doubt that I would have had a second glance in my Smart cdi accelerating away from the same set of lights at full throttle (it's limited to 95mph which helps  ;) ).

• Like 2

Btw. An instant ban for being over 100mph is a myth. An instant disqualification/ban is issued if the vehicle in question is driving at 45% over the current speed limit. You are just as likely to receive a disqualification for driving at 51mph in a 30 zone as you are travelling at 100mph in a NSL zone, although this is completely at the discression of the court after any special or mitigating circumstances are taken into account.

Edited by Mikek3111

Pipsyp thank you for your post which was extremely well balanced, non-judgemental (unlike some of the posters on here) and summed up my position accurately.

I took a lot of advice from my network of friends before deciding to plead 'Not guilty' to the charges presented.  The law is such that you have to do so in order to ask for all of the evidence to be disclosed by the Police.  It was physically and mathematically impossible for the Police to have done what they reported and this was relayed to the CPS in my letter, which also requested a raft of additional information.  In the end I received a 'Notice of Discontinuance'.  The CPS had decided to drop the charge made against me because there was NOT enough evidence to provide a realistic prospect for conviction.

Well done you!

Many moons ago (mid-'80's) I was charged with Driving Under the Influence of alcohol which I was willing to accept as I'd been a fool and driven after a few too many drinks.  The police decided to add Dangerous Driving to the charges which carried a potential gaol term so I fought it in court.

After 3 witnesses & a couple of hours before the magistrate all charges were "dismissed with no record taken".  Both the charging officers and the police prosecutor were given a severe talking to by the magistrate about "sufficient preparation prior to attending court" and "charging offenders commensurate with the offense".

The police would have had a clear cut conviction if they hadn't been so greedy.

On the plus side, I re-assessed my lifestyle after that.  Changed my habits entirely and probably prevented a tragedy somewhere down the line.

This what we have to deal with down here

Our fines

<10kph over limit (depends on licence/circumstance) = AUD327 - 436

10-20kph over = AUD436 - 545

20-30 = AUD545 - 654

30 - 45 = AUD 835 - 1053

45kph+ = 2252 - 2400

Anything 30+kph over usually gets summonsed to court as they might throw in some other charges (neg driving, dangerous driving, vehicle unroadworthy, street racing / hoon laws). 30-45 is a minimum 3 month holiday from driving; 45+ is 6months minimum.

If you get done for Street racing then the police will remove the registration plates or impound the vehicle for 3 months.  There are also mandatory prison sentences.

best of all, for a 2nd offense, you can be forced to forfeit your vehicle to the Crown for use in crash testing by government authorities.

Our maximum speed limit is 110kph so you Brits have got it so good (for once).