Mileage on the car when collecting at dealers

Suprc

When picking up your brand new ordered car at the dealer, what mileage did it have? Presuming the car was transported by truck.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The car will be driven a fair bit before delivery to the dealer, then you'll have the mileage they add as part of the PDI road test.

Before you collect the car, it will have been driven.

Functions tested at the production line,

Driven from the production line to the holding pound

Holding pound to the transport train

transport train to the holding area at the port

from the holding area onto and around the boat

from the boat to the UK port holding area

from the UK port holding area onto a transporter

from the transporter to the dealer holding area

Then you have the PDI with its road test and finally you get to drive it.

Could be around around 20 miles, but when I collected my MK1 Octy vRS it had 4 miles on it. Mileage will vary depending on where the holding areas its placed in and where on the boat it was parked and dealer location for the roadtest.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the problem with 20 miles?

Transfers between dealers, transfers between dealer branches, or test drives could easily get up to that figure.

When ordered new from build[emoji4]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Edited by Suprc

Yes when ordered new from the factory and delivered off the transporter at a VW Dealership in Edinburgh then driven to a Skoda Dealership 

in or near Glasgow, as happens quite often, so thats a good 50 miles or more the car has done.

Not always still showing to the Buyer though on the mileometer, just when you go in and check the cars miles covered.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you can still do it but working for a Skoda main dealer between 2001 and 2005, the new cars that were delivered then, you had a chance to reset the mileometer once before the car reached the first hundred miles.

So you could easily reset the first 99 miles so does it matter?

I run a Lexus and Toyota sales department now and we refuse to take cars from the delivery company (ie off the transporter) if they have done 30 miles or more. Most get to us with less than 10.