New Black Vrs Estate

menacing banjo

Only had the new car since Wednesday so i've only done a 100 miles but i'm off to watch Plymouth defeat Luton tomorrow so that'll rack up some miles.

Thanks for the great info on this site.... i am amazed at the obsessive nature of some of you folks but it sure is useful.

Been driving a very sensible Passat since the arrival of a child but felt i needed something with some poke and space to fit the garden rubbish. Nippy to the dump was my requirement. It was

Originally posted by menacing banjo in this post

Anyway I'm looking forward to some fun driving and reading more your obsessive posts

A big welcome to Briskoda, MB, but don't think for one minute that owning a black vRS gets you automatic membership of the 'dark side' on this forum. :cool:

Congrats on getting the black estate version. We got one a couple of months ago and still loving every minute of it. We've got a little boy and a dog and it was all getting a bit cramped in the focus!

The focus is such an easy car to drive and after that the vRS does take a bit of getting used to. The turbo is very different and watch out for the ground clearance - it doesn't half make you wince when you hear it scraping on bumpy raods (especially when it's so new).

My wife thought it looked like a hearse initially but she's getting used to it (no choice now as the focus is gone) and even paying it a few compliments. Her favourite thing is the parking sensors as they do make life much easier (you can get them retrofitted for the same price as factory fitted -

Welcome to Briskoda, MB.

Pity about your choice of colour - black is so... common

(only joking) :p

I'll have to check out White Dove - now that Langstone Motors has lost the Skoda franchise, it's my nearest dealer (closer than Thompson & Thompson in Caldicot).

• 1 month later...

Are you responsible for the 14 miles it had on the clock.? :D

I've only seen one other vRS a yellow one at junction 33 M4. I've done about 2000 miles now and I am going to change my speakers and head unit soon. Love the car to bits.

Hows yours - Silver thats the sensible colour,

:cheers: